Facebook

Mr Steve

Reaction score
OK I found it and checked it. Lets see if this works

So where is this check box that you are talking about? I do not see it anywhere on Facebook.

Yeah, inquiring minds want to know.

Also, is this a notification through the normal FB app, or it just sending updates to the phone via text or email? The former I want, the latter I can set up through Settings > Notifications on the website while on my PC

M

Matth3w

Facebook natively can send update texts to you when someone posts a comment, messages you, etc. I have it set up on my LG enV3. You don't even need internet access for your phone let alone a separate app to do it.

Technoman

Reaction score
Facebook natively can send update texts to you when someone posts a comment, messages you, etc. I have it set up on my LG enV3. You don't even need internet access for your phone let alone a separate app to do it.

Correct, that was what I was getting since I just left everything (same number) when I went to the Moto Droid!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
facebook app is eight shades of useless. the touch site works well, unless you want to view/add picture comments, or receive notifications about group invites and friend requests.. ok, it's not perfect, but it beats the pants off the app. i use the full site mostly.

M

Matth3w

Correct, that was what I was getting since I just left everything (same number) when I went to the Moto Droid!
Odd. Sounds like a Facebook issue.

facebook app is eight shades of useless. the touch site works well, unless you want to view/add picture comments, or receive notifications about group invites and friend requests.. ok, it's not perfect, but it beats the pants off the app. i use the full site mostly.
Does the Facebook app work well enough to add mobile pictures, comments, status, and wall postings? That's all I really care about.

TommyMac501

Reaction score
Check box

The FB app for Andorid lacks major thats for sure, but I am getting all my notifications. Make sure you go into your notifications on Facebook on your pc and make sure "Facebook for Android" is checked.

So where is this check box that you are talking about? I do not see it anywhere on Facebook.

On your home page, next to your name, click settings. Click on the notifications tab, and scroll to the bottom. That's where the 3rd party apps are.

You may not see it right away, but there is a "see more" button if you don't. Check the box next to "android for Facebook". Don't forget to "save changes" before you leave the page.

TM

uscjoel

Reaction score
K
I've had my Droid for a month now and up until the beginning of this week the facebook app was working fine. Now I get an error message when I go to my notifications. Everything else is working fine besides the notification tab. I have tried bloo and its ok but not really a fan. I just want to know what to do because besides the notification problem everything else on the facebook app is working!!!! Also I have made sure on my pc that the facebook for android notification is checked and its still NOT working!

I have had the same exact problem for almost 1 week now!! No notifications... just keep getting an error message. Probably a problem on FB's end...

I'm getting the same error msg...mine started today. I'm gonna be pissed if it doesn't get resolved!

spazma7ik

Reaction score
The Facebook app is TERRIBLE. Coming from an iPod Touch, the Facebook app on there must have spoiled me, but it was awesome. Now I can't even directly respond to a wall post or comment from the notifications, I have to click the web link and then do it from the browser? Horrible.