jocky84

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, most of time it crashes, trying using friendcaster

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm having Facebook crash quite often problem. Anyone can advise? Do you have the same issue?

Merged with an existing thread about Facebook issues. :)

Dolfan

Reaction score
I all of a sudden am having issues with the Facebook app...it seemed fine, now after it took an update it will not log in .....I have even tryed logging in with the dolphin web browser...that let's me veiw facebook but not comment on posts....try post and it just never takes my comment....anyhow....reloaded a older version of facebook and now can't use that either....any ideals...I have went into apps and cleared data and tryed that also

Dolfan

Reaction score
An error has ocurred please try again is the message I get when attempting to log in thru the Facebook app

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Try this. Facebook has a mobile web page. Dump the app and use the mobile web page instead. Advantage: the app is a known battery sucker on the RAZR Maxx. As for continuous updates...my home IT department (my teenage kid) set me up to get text notifications for stuff like people posting on my wall.

I created a shortcut on my phone for the site. I press the icon once just like you do to get to Facebook....but unlike you I don't have an app running all the time and updating all the time and sucking battery and data.

Basically, Facebook when I want it, off when I'm done with it :)

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Edit....you input name and pword only 1 time. If you delete cookies, history, etc, the next time you open the page the name and pword will already be typed in for you.

Dolfan

Reaction score
I was having issue even with the mobile facebook...:blink: So what I did was flash a backup rom I have not used in a while...after booting back up to that rom(older version of Facebook) opened facebook app...it worked...so then backed that facebook version up in Titaium backup,,...then reflashed the rom I had been using and then did a restore of facebook app thru Ti backup and so far its back working...I have liked the thunderbolt alot,,...but almost re activated my old Droid 1 because that was a great phone also...with never any issues...lol

Dolfan

Reaction score
Ok....still having issues ....able to login and bring up and view fb...but when trying to post or comment it just never posts the comment, this happens with both mobile Facebook and the Facebook app....have no clue

geoff5093

Reaction score
Ok....still having issues ....able to login and bring up and view fb...but when trying to post or comment it just never posts the comment, this happens with both mobile Facebook and the Facebook app....have no clue
I'm having an issue where I can see the newsfeed, but once I click on comments to view/add a comment, it's just blank. If I scroll up and down I can see the comments, but once I stop it disappears.

No idea why, but no big deal as I just use my tablet for facebook now.