Facebook

geoff5093

Reaction score
It's been slow lately for me as well, even on wifi (although I get the no connection error on wifi from time to time). It doesn't seem related to our phones.

pogibry

Reaction score
It's been slow lately for me as well, even on wifi (although I get the no connection error on wifi from time to time). It doesn't seem related to our phones.

At least that's what "they" want us to think. I see what they are doing.... :mad:

Kittysback

Reaction score
Mine has been horrible also. Just says loading page forever and will say it lost connection. Is it our phone or the app?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Its the app. Face books app is terrible imho

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

shortie43506

Reaction score
I have a new Galaxy S3 and it seems like the Facebook app keeps freezing my phone. Has anyone else had this problem?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
No major problems here. Was this occurring before or after the update today?

The official Facebook app seems to be constantly problematic on pretty much all Android devices though,with many users reporting issues of all different types, particularly speed-related, over the years.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Facebook has the most underdeveloped, problematic app I've ever seen for such a large company....

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Let's all hope so :)

shortie43506

Reaction score
Today was the first day it froze my phone. Before today I had an issue when closing out of Facebook it would show the home screen page with the Facebook app really light in the background before it completely closed. I was just hoping it was a transition effect in Facebook, but not looking likely:-(

No.Division

Reaction score
shortie43506 said:
I have a new Galaxy S3 and it seems like the Facebook app keeps freezing my phone. Has anyone else had this problem?

I haven't updated the app but have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Or clearing data or cache within the application manager? Might help.

shortie43506

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the advise:) I am starting to think that I might have been clearing my memory too much. I have stopped clearing it and my phone hasn't froze up again.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Thanks for all of the advise:) I am starting to think that I might have been clearing my memory too much. I have stopped clearing it and my phone hasn't froze up again.

Yeah, Android is designed to manage all of that on its own. Every now and then, there might be an app that needs to be force closed, but for the most part, your phone will perform better if you just let it do things on its own. Constantly clearing the memory will cause processes to be cleared out that shouldn't be.

ckdroid

Reaction score
I'm having Facebook crash quite often problem. Anyone can advise? Do you have the same issue?