Facebook works, but won't sync with contacts

DroidSwitcher

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just got my droid 2 and am having two issues. My facebook is working, I added it as an account and also downloaded the app. However, no matter where I look I can't find somewhere to sync the contacts from my phone with their facebook profiles. I really would like their pictures to come up! I've been searching for an answer online, but can't find anything that works. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

Also, my email (which is gmail) is not pushing. I have to manually refresh the inbox... any thoughts?

Thanks!:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Dina0926

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I have gone as far as to contact Motorola, but they have no idea. According to the owner’s manual there are supposed to be three sync options, but I can not find them and neither can second level tech support at Motorola. I tried logging on to the pre-installed version of FB, but all that did was pull all of my fb friends in to my phonebook…

ZPrime

Reaction score
Hello all,
However, no matter where I look I can't find somewhere to sync the contacts from my phone with their facebook profiles.
If the contacts are named similarly enough, they should auto-link.

However, if your contacts use first name only or whatnot, or they have different names on facebook, you'll have to manually link them.

Tap a contact in the contacts list
Hit menu
Choose Link
Find the other contact that belongs to the same person (i.e. the facebook one)
Done.

You'll have to do this for every single person that doesn't auto-link with their FB account.

Dina0926

Reaction score
The problem is if you use the MotoBlur's version of Facebook under the social networking area, all of your facebook contacts are pulled in to your phonebook. If you use the apps version instead, there is no option to link the contacts to facebook and the application will not allow to setup a "sync account" because MotoBlur's version of Facebook blocks/overrides it.