Facebook won't sync all contacts

amerika879

Reaction score
Facebook won't sync to all my contacts. I have a whole list of people it updated, but for some reason, it won't update some people. My brother for instance is still not updated, but we're friends on Facebook. Is there any way to manually set it so it knows that he's on Facebook, and updates accordingly? I hate not having all my contacts set up in the same format.

Using a Motorola Droid, non-hacked, non-rooted.

darrick04

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is what you are asking, but try opening your contact list and pressing menu-> display options-> uncheck "only contacts with phones" (this will display all facebook/gmail contacts who may not have a phone on that account) or making sure that under the facebook sync settings you the "all contacts" box checked.

You could also open the Facebook app and press menu -> sync contacts -> sync all... that should sync every facebook friend you have...

Again, the specifics of the problem are sort of vague so I am replying with what may be a solution.

OP
A

amerika879

Reaction score
Ah, I figured it out. Thank you a lot. I fixed my problem by going to 'only contacts with phones', unchecking that, and then combining contacts as I needed.

The Facebook app was already set to Sync all, but it didn't update all of my contacts. And that's basically what I was having an issue with.

Boostedawd91

Reaction score
I am having problems getting Facebook synced with my contacts. I have facebook installed and selected to sync with my contacts, but its only syncing 2 of my contacts and not the rest. If i select to sync all facebook friends, the ones that didn't work before, do now, but i don't want all my facebook friends listed in my phonebook. I just want the contacts i have to be synced with facebook. Any advice on this?

magemini

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with syncing my facebook contacts. I did a factory reset yesterday with the help of a Verizon tech. Later I realized that my facebook contacts weren't syncing. I went into Accounts & sync and added my facebook account so that's all done. When I go into contacts and try to link them, it won't allow me to do that. It gives me 2 choices. Press to link to All or link to Facebook. When I press link to Facebook, it takes me to a different page that has no contacts on it. When I start typing a contacts name it says no matches found. HELP!!!!!