Facebook Video does not work

nateccnn

Reaction score
When I am on Facebook, be it through the Facebook app or the browser, if I click on a link to a video it says it cannot play the video format. Is this just happening to me? If so, what do I do to fix it? I can't find anything on the web so that makes me think it is just my device.

Droid by Motorola
FRG22D stock with root and overclocked to 800 (stock kernel too).
No fancy themes or roms.

Thanks,

Nate

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It happens to me occasionally on embedded videos. What worked for me is going to the full site, not mobile or touch. The videos played there. Don't know if that's your issue but you could try it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Yup. Videos work on the full site. Now to fivure out how to get them to work on the Facebook app.

Nate

srturner47

Reaction score
I have the same problem. The strange thing is that on my wife's Droid Incredible, videos on Facebook work with the native Facebook app.

On my original Moto Droid, I have to go to the Facebook website and use flash to view videos.

Could this be a codec issue? Is Moto Droid missing a codec that Incredible has?

droiduser11111

Reaction score
Yes, please help. When friends put there videos on the facebook news feed, I get an error message & cannot watch the video. Is there something I can do to view these?? I googled my problem, but was unsuccessful in finding an answer.

Thank you!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

droiduser11111

Reaction score
I know this sounds dumb, but what do you mean by did I reboot yet? I let my phone do automatic updates for some programs & also manually update apps that prompt me to manually update. I am not a savvy phone user. :(

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't worry about a reboot that's not going to help this situation. Have you tried viewing the videos from the full facebook site?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

edwards2243

Reaction score
Has anybody had trouble with their facebook app not being able to load the news feed? Not trying to steal this thread, just hoping its the app not working correctly(and not my phone).

Sent from my SCH-I400 using DroidForums App

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
Don't worry about a reboot that's not going to help this situation. Have you tried viewing the videos from the full facebook site?

Actually it might, occasionally I have issues watching videos through the youtube app or that I downloaded from youtube with besttube. If I reboot I can then watch them.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes I know but a lot of the issues with facebook come from embedded videos that seem to only play from the full site.

ashobe

Reaction score
embedded videos not playing in facebook

Yes, please help. When friends put there videos on the facebook news feed, I get an error message & cannot watch the video. Is there something I can do to view these?? I googled my problem, but was unsuccessful in finding an answer.

Thank you!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I got tires searching for answers and downloaded MoboPlayer from app store. Work perfect. There must be an issue with the Codec and 'Video Player'

Droid3 - Not rooted, never will