1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Facebook To Release Stand Alone Mobile Messenger For Android And iOS

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by barski, Aug 9, 2011.

1. barski

barski New Member

Facebook To Release Stand Alone Mobile Messenger For Android And iOS (Updated)

[​IMG]
    Looks like there is finally some useful development happening over at Facebook HQ, as they have begun announcing their newest creation. Anyone in need of a stand alone mobile instant messaging application for all smart phones? Sorry BlackBerry, they’re still working on yours.

Lately, Facebook has combined your regular messages with the IM’s you receive on the site into the same category, so it makes complete sense to simplify all your messages into a single app. FB is also reporting that the people you text or IM don’t even need to be your friends on Facebook, but even a contact in your phone’s address book will work.

The application isn’t just a messaging app, either. There is a group feature where you can even share your location with all your selected friends thanks to good ‘ol mobile tracking. Release is expected sometime today on the Android Market, but rest assured that as soon as this application drops, we will let you know. Is everyone looking forward to another poorly supported app, or is Facebook going to change their tune and make this one actually work properly?

Here is the link to the market to download it.
    For more info on it’s release, check out their Facebook Page.

via: Droid-Life

I've already downloaded and it actually works on my Droid X running CM7DX :D
  2. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

How do u like it? I'm hesitant
  3. barski

barski New Member

It's way better than the one integrated in with the Facebook for Android app. Now you can see your messages, and talk with people. Used to burn me so bad when a new notification would show up for a chat, go to it and nothing.

I don't message much on Facebook, but when I do it's nice to have something that works.
  4. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

hmm. interesting. im not too keen about FB either and rarely ever do I go on

ALOHA from Hawaii
Search tags for this page

ios messaging for android