facebook syncing with contacts and pictures

brandonkramer

Reaction score
when you set up your facebook acount, it automatically puts the profile picture to the specified contact. as people change their profile pictures however the contact picture remains as the original picture. is there a way to have the phone update the pictures for my contacts?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

xalysiamariex

Reaction score
I have the Droid 2 as well, and had been wondering the same thing. After some reading I found this app called syncmypix, its free in the market. It's not extremely smart on finding your contacts if you don't have the same name as it is listed on facebook, but once you get it set up its pretty good.

Here are some pointers I learned while using the app that may help you.

Once you sync up your contacts go through and double check, by going to results

to correct incorrect contacts long press on the facebook name and select unlink contact

to link contacts long press on the facebook name that shows up, select link picture to contact

if the app incorrectly linked a contact in your phone to a facebook account that you don't have as a friend on facebook you need to go into the contact itself to remove the picture.

other than that you can set the app up to update never (you have to do it yourself) daily weekly or monthly

XanRules

Reaction score
is there a facebook app that WON'T automatically sync with your contacts list?

NJzFinestG

Reaction score
i have facebook app and it never synced fb pics to my contacts. idk y

Jenrenee2

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue. I keep receiving an inter server error and it wont go through. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Khiraji

Reaction score
SyncMyPix fubar'd my contacts and it took a long time to get them sorted out. It doesn't really bother me that my facebook contacts are not current, but it would be nice if these updates happened automatically in the background.

Jaime

Reaction score
I had this problem last night. I found a free application called "SyncMyPix" and it will update all your Facebook friends photos to your contacts.

alex5674

Reaction score
syncmypix

which program on syncmypix doe I select for Fb pics to continue to get updated

loweryD2

Reaction score
I did not like my facebook contacts overtaking my phone. So I untied my account from the integrated motoblur crap, and just went to the market and downloaded facebook for android. ALL BETTER NOW, lol.

ronakshah2000

Reaction score
I installed SyncMyPics a week ago and couldn't be happier. It figured out the vast majority of my contacts including those without direct name matches. It's nice to see photos of people in contacts and when they call.

I tried the blur facebook app, but as with the prior poster, did not want facebook contacts taking over my phone. Facebook is for stalking your high school friends, not actually calling them.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mp216

Reaction score
The way I got around this without installing an app was by going to the "My accounts" section and removing the FB account altogether. Then I readded the account right away. Contacts and profile photos are now up to date. i don't find it too much of a hassle and it took only a few seconds.

not sure if theres other ways of re-syncing but thats how i did it.

bmxmster

Reaction score
well my phone automatically syncs the pics every day through the facebook apps and accounts option in the phone settings?

just saying?

ronakshah2000

Reaction score
Some of us don't want our phone contact lists polluted with our facebook contacts, but do want photos on the contacts that do match.

SyncMyPix is working awesomely for me still.