1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Facebook Syncing with BB v0.2.1 Froyo

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jrdaepi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. jrdaepi

jrdaepi New Member

This is the first time I have installed a custom ROM and I love it, the speed is like having a brand new phone. Anyway, I first installed ROM found on mydroidworld, it was nice to have some of the new options, but my phone was still laggy and a bit buggy. Anyway I found this bugless beast ROM and updated to it and I love it.

Anyway, one issue I do have is I am very used to having the facebook syncing on my phone, when I had the MDW ROM it was syncing fine. After I moved to BB anytime I reboot the FB syncing disappears and when I try to readd it, it does nothing. To get the syncing to work again I have to uninstall and reinstall the fb app. then turn on syncing. It syncs, but pictures will not show up until I look at the picture on the FB app as opposed to the MDW rom which was automatically adding them.

I know this is a small bug and not a huge issue, just wanted to report it.

Thanks
  2. cuzzinz

cuzzinz New Member

Go to settings>applications>manage applications> then SD Card

Click on facebook and click the button that says move to phone and reboot... problem solved.

This apps to SD feature seems to be causing a lot more problems for people than not.

It might also be that the devs are still designing for 2.1... so they aren't putting any calls into the applications so they still function normally when they are on the sd card...
  3. jrdaepi

jrdaepi New Member

That did the trick, I also had to do that with ESPN Scorecenter otherwise the widget would disappear.

Only a few of the contact pictures now show up in my contacts, but they are all synced and a reboot doesn't clear them out. I will wait a bit and see if after a few syncs they all register, otherwise I will just look at my friends list, after they render on that page, they then render in my contacts list.

Thanks a lot,

Joe
  4. Fulle

Fulle New Member

I actually recommend changing the default install location to the phone, then uninstalling and re-installing... if possible. Simply moving to the phone doesn't seem to fix all the Apps to SD related glitches for me.

The feature's definitely not ready for prime-time yet. It's been nothing but trouble for me, honestly. But, at least I could move a couple apps to the SD Card safely. Like Flash Player (which is like 7MB)... why? I couldn't tell ya'. A half gig of app storage is plenty, when most apps are... TINY. Seriously, 600KB, 300KB, 1.5MB, 5MB, etc. At that rate, they don't add up very fast... Do people actually run out of App space? What absurd amount of apps does that take?
  5. jrdaepi

jrdaepi New Member

I was just looking over that when you posted this. I have done that now.

I wonder if you install to SD your settings will stay after you upgrade/install a new rom. Even if that isn't the case, you wouldn't need to have google download and reinstall all of your apps. Also, for people that are frequently not in an area with good coverage, I wonder if there are map applications that are similar to Tom Tom and the maps have to be downloaded to the phone, this would be another reason for app2sd.
  6. Fulle

Fulle New Member

True enough, but apps installed to the Phone can use the SD card. Navigation programs can need to download upwards of 2GB of map data, but the current system allows for that fine.

As far as the ability to upgrade a ROM and not lose any apps.... Well, hey! That'd be cool! But... only us Rooted users would appreciate that.
  7. jrdaepi

jrdaepi New Member

Well, I doubt the intent would be for custom ROMs, but it would be for if you lose, drown, or upgrade your phone)