Facebook Sync

coolbreeze28

Reaction score
Ok so I have the Droid 2G and It's been about a month now, I like the phone but it's driving me crazy that it wont sync with facebook. I have been doing alot of reading and it seems to be an issue but are they going to fix it. Does anyone know how to fix it, once you put the facebook app on your phone it adds everyone's pictures to your contact list but then it never updates them. I also use SyncMyPic app and that works ok, if i'm texting someone it has the correct updated picture but if someone calls or I go to my contact list it pulls the old picture from facebook and it wont update as they update their pictures. It's driving me crazy.

If you have this phone you know you can't sync it yourself so what else can we do.

sa1

Reaction score
This has been driving me up a wall as well. I get the whole social network integration thing to a point, but if it won't keep up to date, give us the option to do it manually (or fix it!). And by manually I mean being able to set facebook sync options like most if not all(?) non-blur android phones- as well as perform a force refresh without having to friggin remove the account and re-add it. Which by the way has proven to be nothing but more frustrating than having to do it in the first place.

harleyb16

Reaction score
OMG! it drives me crazy! i wish it was just stock android like the droid 1! the whole point of android is its been refined for all phones, then they have to take it and **** it up. no organizing contacts by last name, the ridiculous backup assistant (google contacts? wtf do i need a contact backup for?) and this crap. drives me crazy :(

edit: oh shoot i revived an old topic sorry. i was just googling stuff and came across this. didnt check the dates

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
try this...

Directions:
1) Open the Facebook app
2) Open Settings
3) Click 'Sync Contacts'
4) Change to 'Remove Facebook Data'
5) Click 'Ok'
6) From the Home screen, go into the Phone settings
7) Click 'Accounts & Sync'
8) Click on the Facebook account
9) Click 'Remove account'
10) Reboot phone
11) Open the Facebook app and set it up again
12) Set up the Sync as before

Additional Notes:
I don't believe Airplane mode is necessary.
This will completely clear your Facebook contacts from your phone, so after following the steps, you will need to go through your contacts and make sure you separate/merge your contacts as necessary. You may also need to scroll through your contact list for the Facebook pictures to start syncing as well.
You will also want to check and make sure your contact list is fine

Aloha from Hawaii...

kickyindahead

Reaction score
ive never had a problem with facebook syncing pictures... but ive also ran the fission rom on my d2g pretty much since i learned how to turn on my phone without reading a manual,,, lol... Maybe it is that moto-blur bull crap thats making it so things dont sync properly... maybe not .. i have mine set to sync every 30 mins i believe and a lot of my friends constantly change their profile pics ... especially my daughter ..
i would have to say .. safe bet .. follow the steps given by hawaii princess .

crumbete

Reaction score
try this...

Directions:
1) Open the Facebook app
2) Open Settings
3) Click 'Sync Contacts'
5) Click 'Ok'
10) Reboot phone

Additional Notes:
This will completely clear your Facebook contacts from your phone, so after following the steps, you will need to go through your contacts and make sure you separate/merge your contacts as necessary. You may also need to scroll through your contact list for the Facebook pictures to start syncing as well.

Aloha from Hawaii...

I myself can't follow these steps because step 3 doesn't show up on my facebook app at all.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use SyncMyPix with no problems.

Make sure you've disabled Facebook as the picture source in your account settings. They might be clashing with eachother

beck9284

Reaction score
try this...

Directions:
1) Open the Facebook app
2) Open Settings
3) Click 'Sync Contacts'
5) Click 'Ok'
10) Reboot phone

Additional Notes:

Aloha from Hawaii...

I myself can't follow these steps because step 3 doesn't show up on my facebook app at all.

Same here.

zero7404

Reaction score
not necessarily an issue, rather it's a lack of supported featureset on the phone. not fully thought thru by moto to add a manual or automatic sync settings option to contacts or the social integration function of the phone ....

the facebook app is independent of moto's android version, so the 2 probably work independently from each other. when you create an account in the phone's accounts section, that is what gets you your contact pics and status updates ported into the contacts. if you are in the main contacts view, swipe to the left (to see the right screen) you will see all the status updates of your contacts. those should be up to date.

hopefully the next update from moto will fix these issues.

smacoy

Reaction score
not necessarily an issue, rather it's a lack of supported featureset on the phone. not fully thought thru by moto to add a manual or automatic sync settings option to contacts or the social integration function of the phone ....

the facebook app is independent of moto's android version, so the 2 probably work independently from each other. when you create an account in the phone's accounts section, that is what gets you your contact pics and status updates ported into the contacts. if you are in the main contacts view, swipe to the left (to see the right screen) you will see all the status updates of your contacts. those should be up to date.

hopefully the next update from moto will fix these issues.

Ok, I upgraded to the 4.5.596 this past Sunday and been so frustrated ever since trying to sync all of facebook contacts. Most of them will sync, but 2 very important ones, my mom and sister's, will not sync. I've read forum after forum, I've talked with Verizon's technical support, and no one seems to have the answer. I haven't been able to find a sync option anywhere on this new system. As far as I know, all of my facebook contacts synced before the upgrade. I know my mom's and sister's were there before I upgraded. I've told myself over and over to quit worrying about it, but I'm one of those people who can't stop until I figure it out. I probably have the record for the most remove/add facebook account and apps. I've rebooted no telling how many times. Someone please help me before I lose it!!:icon_evil: