Facebook Sync

djmikey87

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Its me again. So i added my facebook account to the phone and im able to link my contacts with there facebook account, but in the address book it changes there name to what it appears as in Facebook.. Anyway i can change that or is that just the way the phone is setup to work..?
My previous phone would like the contacts but would allow me to name the contact what ever i wanted while still linked.

lalala11

Reaction score
yeah for mine it's about 50/50 whether it uses the Facebook name or phone contact name. It's irritating, but I live with it because most people I talk to frequently have their real name on facebook.

kevozworld

Reaction score
How do I sync my contacts with facebook without adding everyone from facebook to my contacts?? It is possible on other android phones..

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums App

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The only way to prevent adding all of your Facebook friends is to not sign into Facebook at all, but you can choose to only show certain contacts and hide others. Contacts -> Menu -> Hide/Show -> Check the boxes next to the groups that you want to remain hidden. Any boxes left unchecked will allow those groups to show up in your contacts.

When I first set up the phone, all of my Facebook contacts synced (including syncing with my Google contacts). I then hid all of the contact groups except for those associated with my Google account (which are what I consider to be my "real" contacts), including Facebook. All of the synced Facebook information for my "real" contacts remained, but all of the rest of my Facebook friends were gone. So I don't know if you can prevent them from syncing naively, but you can definitely hide them so that you don't see them.

kevozworld

Reaction score
I went to Contacts - Display Options- Facebook and I turned off "All Contacts". It worked well.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums App

Lexinvile

Reaction score
I just got my Galaxy Nexus and cannot sync my Facebook contacts.....what am I missing?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately Facebook and Google are in a bit of a quarrel right now so it is not possible at this time. You can use Friendcaster or something like that but it syncs all your facebook friends and there is no way to sort out just the ones with phone numbers.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use syncmypix from the market

that only syncs pics to current google contacts, I believe the OP wants all his Facebook contacts with phone numbers to sync like we used to be able to do through the FB app itself. Syncmypix will only pull the facebook picture of existing google contacts, it will not add Facebook contacts.