Facebook sync deleted all my contacts

gpappas

Reaction score
so i recently downloaded weather bug to my phone, after it successfully installed it asked me to install something else, so i did! since then my phone has been a nightmare! the appearance of the phone is completly different in terms of sliding to turn on the screen or answering incoming calls. furthermore, when i did that it de-synced facebook from the contacts. so i thought i should just remove the facebook account and re-add it. then my phone deleted ALL my contacts! HELP!

Outlaw621

Reaction score
You simply received the scheduled update for the droid. You should be able to re-sync your facebook and everything will be fine.
Also make sure you re-sync with gmail.

OP
G

gpappas

Reaction score
i re-synced to facebook and gmail, but it still has deleted about 150 contacts from my phone book. any suggestions?

masha008

Reaction score
Hey all! I had the same problem but I think I figure it out. What you have to do is go to contacts and then button for all the options (the 4 stripes) then you press display options and under your gmail or facebook, make sure that "my contacts" and "all other contacts" both are checked. This brought back all of my old ones! Hope it helps :)

johall07

Reaction score
same happened to me all i did was four line button---> import/export----> sdcard and it loaded all my old one.....this might just be cause i have verizon move all my old ones from my previous phone. hope this helps some

DC4MVP

Reaction score
So when you synced your Facebook, it deleted all of your contacts?

Do you see any numbers in your contact folder? If you don't, try typing in a name in the text message screen.

Let's say you had an ADAM in your contacts...go to messaging and type in ADAM as the receiver. Does his name still show up? Do names of Facebook friends show up when you didn't have them in your contacts?

If it does, Facebook just over rode you're contacts.

Go to:

1. Contacts
2. touch the menu button (the four lines) Options menu will pop up.
3. Click import/export
4. IMPORT FROM SD CARD

Just like the guy above said.

That should restore all your contacts.

Trust me, it scared me at first too!

ultraaman

Reaction score
I lost all contacts too but found them on the SD card.

Go to Menu display (4 lines)
Go to Import/Export
Select Import from SD card

All my contacts reappeared, including non-FB and non-Gmail ones.

Good luck.

zac2290

Reaction score
Hey all

This was driving me nuts! I could search my contacts but they wouldn't just display. I resynced... reloaded my 355 vcard contacts to still no avail.

Finally after making sure "android starred" group was checked in my accounts... viola* my contacts were back! All 355 of them. This fix should be applicable to this and other missing contact threads!

Hope this puts your worry heads to rest cause I sure was livid I didn't have my contacts...

Zac2290

sooperhooper

Reaction score
Hey all! I had the same problem but I think I figure it out. What you have to do is go to contacts and then button for all the options (the 4 stripes) then you press display options and under your gmail or facebook, make sure that "my contacts" and "all other contacts" both are checked. This brought back all of my old ones! Hope it helps :)

Thanx for that! I was about to be heated. It's almost you have to take a course to fully understand this device!

mandyhohope

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Awesome... I did this and I think it helped with my problem. Mine seems to delete them at its own will. I hope not to have to do this every day as I have been having to do for the past week. It's really getting annoying. But thanks for the tip!
Mandy