Facebook Supposedly Building a Google Now Competitor Called 'Moneypenny'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moneypenny.jpg

It looks like Google, Apple, Amazon and Microsoft's AI ladies will soon have a new BFF to compete with. Supposedly, Facebook is also working on their own digital assistant. This new feminine AI will supposedly be called, Moneypenny, after the secretary/assistant in the James Bond novels and movies.

Facebook claims the new service will have an engine driven by actual human responses, whatever that means, and it will reside inside Facebook Messenger. It will be interesting to see if Facebook can create a decent competitor to Google Now, Siri, Alexa and Cortana (Google needs to get a chic name too).

Who wants to take bets on which feminine AI will gain sentience and start baking human cookies first? :D

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Oh look another way for FB to gather information about you!

Not that I care though. We're pretty much completely naked on FB as it is, they may as well strip us of our socks while they're at it.

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Thinking that this may be one AI too many. I don't know why but Facebook is one of the only companies that when I hear they will be adding features, I get more turned off by them.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Note to FB: don't try to do too much. Seriously. You aren't that awesome. Don't go thinking everything you do turns to gold.
Sounds like a failure waiting to happen to me. I'll wait for more info though.

Last edited: