Facebook released 1.5.2

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
how the hell are you guys getting this to work after you compile and install as a normal apk.. ? Anytime I make an edit and install it the apk just FC on me.. won't even open .. FC as soon as I click on icon

What version of apk manager are you using? Other then that I use 4.8 and do the normal 9, 11, 4.

JsinLegacy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
how the hell are you guys getting this to work after you compile and install as a normal apk.. ? Anytime I make an edit and install it the apk just FC on me.. won't even open .. FC as soon as I click on icon

What version of apk manager are you using? Other then that I use 4.8 and do the normal 9, 11, 4.

yeah I am using 4.8... I do all that as well... I even tried using APk Tool directly vs APK Manager and the results are the same.. its as if the APK just refuses to be edited

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So are you editing the FB original or a modified one?

JsinLegacy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So are you editing the FB original or a modified one?

Original ... and 1.5.4 seems to be the only version that has given me these issues
its strange because I have put it as a system apk.. non-system apk.. signed with 4 and with 12.. used an outside signer.. apktool instead of apkmanager and all the results are the same

omymic

Reaction score
Here is an updated version that addressed some issues pictured below.

Before:

1.png
2.png

After:

3.png
4.png

Black n Bold Facebook 1.5.4 - Install with Astro, Root Explorer, etc. You should be able to install this over version 1 with no problem.
Hello,

I installed the updated V2 facebook...but it doesnt look like this...the background is black...but the upper part where the logo is and notification bar and all the other buttons and like in the stock version...do you know why???...i had your 1.5.2 black version aswell and had the same problem...im using a Sony Ericsson Xperia X8...im waiting for an answer...Best regards

Attachments

• snap20110521_125817.png
    snap20110521_125817.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 281

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hello,

I installed the updated V2 facebook...but it doesnt look like this...the background is black...but the upper part where the logo is and notification bar and all the other buttons and like in the stock version...do you know why???...i had your 1.5.2 black version aswell and had the same problem...im using a Sony Ericsson Xperia X8...im waiting for an answer...Best regards

If that is not an HDPI device, then I did not swap out .png files for it. My friend has the Xoom and his looks the same way. I geared this for HDPI devices. That is all you have to do though if you want the same icons. You will need to resize them though.

omymic

Reaction score
Hello,

If that is not an HDPI device, then I did not swap out .png files for it. My friend has the Xoom and his looks the same way. I geared this for HDPI devices. That is all you have to do though if you want the same icons. You will need to resize them though.
and how do i do this??...i know how to resize them...but what size do i need to do them???...and how do i complile back the apk because i tryed this some time ago and i did not manage....thanks for the answer anyway

omymic

Reaction score
Hello,

if i resize the png files from drawable-hdpi...as the ones in drawable(if this is the correct size)...and give them to you...would you be kind enough to fix me the apk or is it to much to ask???...i would be very happy and i know a lot of people would appreciate it...its the most beautyful version of facebook...even if you dont help me...keep up the good work

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hello,

if i resize the png files from drawable-hdpi...as the ones in drawable(if this is the correct size)...and give them to you...would you be kind enough to fix me the apk or is it to much to ask???...i would be very happy and i know a lot of people would appreciate it...its the most beautyful version of facebook...even if you dont help me...keep up the good work

I'll help in any way I can. I have family from out of town in this weekend, so I can't do much now. I'll try to work on it this week.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Devildog can I get your lastest version of the BNB one? Also if you haven't started the non hdpi files let me know I might work on it.

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Devildog can I get your lastest version of the BNB one? Also if you haven't started the non hdpi files let me know I might work on it.

The latest version is in post #29.

I haven't had time to do anything with the non-HDPI version because I have been out of town. My wife's mom passed away and I just haven't been able to work on it.

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Keep trying to install this with apkinstaller, easy installer, and astro... It says installing application for a sec then says application not installed. Any thoughts?