facebook question

evan1005

Reaction score
When I comment on someone's facebook status through the facebook app, why can't I delete that same comment from within the facebook app? Am I missing it, or must it be done in a browser?

Guchi

Reaction score
the facebook app is lame I would recomend m.facebook.com

nerdbox08

Reaction score
When I comment on someone's facebook status through the facebook app, why can't I delete that same comment from within the facebook app? Am I missing it, or must it be done in a browser?

I think it is a limitation of the default application.

Bloo allows you more functions, but the app is also limited with what it can do because facebook prohibits certain functions from occurring in third party apps(such as sending messages via the app).

Like the poster above, I prefer the touch/mobile site.

OP
E

evan1005

Reaction score
gracias.

One question though: Why do I see more updates on the app than either the mobile or touch sites? I don't even see the status update to which i commented.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
gracias.

One question though: Why do I see more updates on the app than either the mobile or touch sites? I don't even see the status update to which i commented.

Do you mean more updates as in quantity or do you mean, different updates altogether?

JLB09

Reaction score
Regarding Facebook. Has anyone had the problem of taking a couple pictures using the Facebook App, expecting them to upload but then when the photos do not upload they seem to totally disappear and no longer are even in the Droid?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the facebook app is useless. use the website.. i gave up on the app a long time ago...

JLB09

Reaction score
the facebook app is useless. use the website.. i gave up on the app a long time ago...

well I understand that now. but it still seems strange that I took a couple of pictures and even though they may not have uploaded to Facebook, that they would not even be in my Droid anywhere.

Droids

Reaction score
The Facebook app is nearly worthless, and the Facebook widget is completely useless. I too use the mobile site.

Rettocs

Reaction score

well I understand that now. but it still seems strange that I took a couple of pictures and even though they may not have uploaded to Facebook, that they would not even be in my Droid anywhere.

That is weird. I've never heard of this happening, and I can't believe that it didn't even save it on the Droid itself. What a pain. I have the facebook widget open on one of my homescreens so that I can make quick status updates without launching the site, but right next to it, i have a bookmark shortcut that goes to touch.facebook, which i prefer to use instead of m.facebook.

Last edited:
M

Matth3w

I don't use Facebook a ton, so the Apps are fine for me...but either using Bloo or FB app, I can never see comments. For example, I get the notification (so and so has commented on X picture), then I click the link or the picture and I don't see the actual comment.

ShowTime

Reaction score
I don't use Facebook a ton, so the Apps are fine for me...but either using Bloo or FB app, I can never see comments. For example, I get the notification (so and so has commented on X picture), then I click the link or the picture and I don't see the actual comment.

Same. On the app or mobile site, it brings up the picture full screen/a new window whatever but I can never find the comments.

Rettocs

Reaction score

Same here. That is frustrating. The only way I have found to view a comment on a photo is to use m.facebook. I like to use touch.facebook, but anytime a notification tells me i have a photo comment i have to switch over to the former and use it to view the comment.

The little things are the ones that annoy me the most, haha