Facebook question - emails/notifications, etc...

LouS

Reaction score
I searched on this but couldn't find anything so hopefully it wasn't asked already.

On my old BB Storm, I had the FB app installed. When I got a FB wall post, message, comment, etc, the notice would come to my FB app and I would get a notification. I believe that it would first pass to my comcast e-mail account (since that was my FB login), then go to my Storm then get auto deleted from my comcast e-mail.

Now with the DX, I am using the stock e-mail client (I know, but it's working OK for me). So I will get the FB notice from FB, but I will also get the e-mail FB notice from comcast. Anyone know why and how I could eliminate the comcast e-mail notices and just get the FB notices?

Thanks.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I searched on this but couldn't find anything so hopefully it wasn't asked already.

On my old BB Storm, I had the FB app installed. When I got a FB wall post, message, comment, etc, the notice would come to my FB app and I would get a notification. I believe that it would first pass to my comcast e-mail account (since that was my FB login), then go to my Storm then get auto deleted from my comcast e-mail.

Now with the DX, I am using the stock e-mail client (I know, but it's working OK for me). So I will get the FB notice from FB, but I will also get the e-mail FB notice from comcast. Anyone know why and how I could eliminate the comcast e-mail notices and just get the FB notices?

Thanks.

On my Storm I would get the FB notification, but I still got the email notification. I havent tried the DX FB app yet, I just log onto FB from the X to check. Ive read that the DX tries to combine your phone contacts, with all FB contacts. Is this true, and if so, what have you done about it?

How are you liking the DX compared to the Storm? One thing I miss about the Storm is the different colored flashing lights for different notifications (like blue=FB, red=missed call, green=text) Ill have to try to find an app that controls the blinking light so that I dont have to get into the phone to check messages to often.

Last edited:
OP
LouS

LouS

Reaction score
I'm using the FB app that came on the Droid and yes it does integrate your FB contacts with your phone contacts. I just let it do this and it's fine. Actually I like it because it takes the FB picture and put them into your contacts. I just wish I could figure out how to eliminate the duplicate e-mail FB notifications.

I like the DX much better than the Storm, just have to get used to the DX. It's like learning Windows 7 over XP. Also, I need to be able to open and view MS Office files so I guess I will have to buy Documents to Go where that app came on the Storm.

dmo1028

Reaction score
LouS I remember seeing a post somewhere out there that said in order to eliminate the dual notifications all you need to do is go into your FB settings from your computer and under the notifications tab uncheck the email notification boxes. Once you do that, you will get the notifications from the app only.

I am using the Bloo app for FB and I have made these changes, now I'm waiting to see if it works because I have been receiving the app notification and the email notification too.

Good luck!

OP
LouS

LouS

Reaction score
LouS I remember seeing a post somewhere out there that said in order to eliminate the dual notifications all you need to do is go into your FB settings from your computer and under the notifications tab uncheck the email notification boxes. Once you do that, you will get the notifications from the app only.

I am using the Bloo app for FB and I have made these changes, now I'm waiting to see if it works because I have been receiving the app notification and the email notification too.

Good luck!

I'll try it, thanks!

Aimers69

Reaction score
i unchecked the email notification from the website and i still get them...totally rediculous...im almost wanting my bb storm back

gasparov

Reaction score
You should be able to disable notifications from your account settings.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk