Facebook profile photo synced to contacts?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I have my facebook in Droid to sync but only some contacts sync up with it. ANy idea what I am doing wrong? I do not want to sync all to have everyones info on my phone I just want the profile photos to sync up with the contacts. Thanks

mjeagent

Reaction score
Make sure the people you have in your address book match exactly how their names appear in Facebook - full first name, middle name, correct spelling of last name. This helped me with a few that wouldn't sync up although there are still a few that for some reason or another just won't sync.

douglaswilson

Reaction score
I have myself listed as a contact in my phone, is there any reason why it is the only contact that will not sync or link up with my facebook profile? The names are spelled the same. Thanks.

neemo6

Reaction score
Im having the same problem, cannot figure it out. Only have about 5 contacts with profile pics out of about 50.

superchachi

Reaction score
it must have something to do with the native FB app. when i use it to view all friends, many of their pics don't show up in the next to their name - but these are not the same people whose pics don't show up in my phone's contacts. trying various sync actions - within the FB app, from the home screen, and removing/adding the account - just mixes up what contacts do and don't show pics. if you're figured it out, i'm listening.

overtsilence

Reaction score
I have myself listed as a contact in my phone, is there any reason why it is the only contact that will not sync or link up with my facebook profile? The names are spelled the same. Thanks.

If you have yourself listed in your contacts, the reason you aren't going to sync up is because you aren't friends with yourself. You can't add yourself to your own friends list.

rice336

Reaction score
Contact picture

I have messed up and don't know how to fix it. When I got my phone (Motorola Droid), my personal contact information picture would sync with my Facebook profile photo. Then one day I changed mine manually on my phone. Now I can't get it to sync with my Facebook Profile pic. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

jphudy

Reaction score
Thy this:

Open the facebook app and go to the friends tab. Slowly scroll down making sure every profile pic loads for each friend. Once that is done, re-check your contacts.

I think this is cause by exorbitantly large lists of friends which take FOREVER to load profile pics for.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
Alright I tried the "manual facebook sync" thing and it does not work, and it's only for the one contact that I really want it to work for. I had it synced, but I didn't want my Mom's name popping up, I wanted it under Mom, I followed the instructions, deleted the contact that was linked to the facebook profile, created a new one, now I can't even manually attach her to her facebook profile, which it was before no problem, now that doesn't work and there's not an option to manually attach it anymore.

Any ideas?

jphudy

Reaction score
If you have "Mom" listed under your phone contact list and your Mom's name is, for instance, "Sarah Jones" under her Facebook profile, it will never sync her facebook profile pic to her contact information under the phonebook.

The phone book contact name must be spelled exactly the same as it is under her facebook account.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
If you have "Mom" listed under your phone contact list and your Mom's name is, for instance, "Sarah Jones" under her Facebook profile, it will never sync her facebook profile pic to her contact information under the phonebook.

The phone book contact name must be spelled exactly the same as it is under her facebook account.
It is spelled exactly the same. I had it synced up before when it was "Mom" then when I synced it manually to the facebook account (forget how I did that) it automatically changed it to her name.

Now, it won't sync to her facebook account, and every other facebook account I can just click on the picture like the instructions in that other link says to do, but not for her. So now it's got her name spelled out, but no picture...

jimnutt

Reaction score
For cases where the facebook contact and phone contact aren't quite named the same, you can manually join the two contacts. Select one of the two, go to edit on the menu and then join. It will prompt you to select the contact you want to join to the current contact.

Scribble

Reaction score
I forget exactly where it is, but the menu option where you tell it to sync all facebook contacts, just those in your contact list or none...

Choose none, then after a moment re-select whichever option you wanted.

Your stuff should start syncing up again. It does that sometimes. It's weird.

(Mine did it too when I first got the phone, but after I did the above it hasn't happened since.)

JFrawls

Reaction score
I had this problem too, the first thing I had to do like people have already said was to make sure that I had their names spelled exactly as on facebook... still a few didn't sync the photos... I went into the contact and tapped the link to their facebook and after i visited their page the picture was in my contacts.
I know thats an easy fix for a few... but not if you are missing several