Facebook Pictures Smaller

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by tender82, Dec 22, 2009.

1. tender82

tender82 New Member

I love my Droid but I just noticed something a little weird. You probably won't notice it unless you put contacts on one of your home screens.

The pictures I've assigned to contacts that don't have facebook appear to be larger than those who have a facebook account. It's not major, but something that bugs me.

I've attached a screenshot. You can probably guess which ones are facebook contacts. Greg and Home are not. Do you see the difference?

Any ideas?

TT
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I see the difference but Greg and Home appear larger at least to my eyes then the other ones.

Wish I could give you more advice, I don't know anything about the home screen images but I will say that your current background makes it very hard to notice this.
  3. 640k

640k Active Member

Yeah but what do they look like in your address book? the same? my guess is in how android downloads the profile pic from fb vs. how you associate an image with a contact.

andriod probably sizes the profile pic from fb, but only associates an existing pic when you assign one manually.
  4. tender82

tender82 New Member

Ya. I figured it was with the way they handled them. Since the images from FB are connected to the contacts, you would think they would be handled the same way. Apparently not.

When I bring up the contacts on the phone, they are all sized the same. They're smaller than the images on the home screen, though.
  5. 640k

640k Active Member

when you receive a call and it displays the larger picture of the contact calling you, the FB picture is always blown out (pixelated) because it's an enlargement of a smaller pic. my guess is the phone is downloading the small profile pic that attaches to your messages on FB because it's easiest, whereas any pics ON your phone, associated with contacts, are linked back to an actual image (and not a temp/cached file), so the image will always be clearer.
  6. tender82

tender82 New Member

That makes sense. I do kinda wish it would download a bigger image. (But we all know how 'great' the facebook app is on the Droid... sarcasm included at no charge!)

Thanks!
  7. 640k

640k Active Member

i doubt it has anything to do with the fb app as it does with 2.0 and fb integration into contacts, etc. downloading the comment pic (whatever it's called) is probably easier, faster, than downloading the full res pic and then resizing it.

people already complain that when syncing with fb, that it slows down their contacts (i haven't seen it), so i'm sure 2.0 is doing whatever it can to stay speedy.
Search tags for this page
facebook android pictures small
facebook pics are small

facebook pictures small android

facebook pictures small droid
facebook pictures small on android
facebook pictures smaller on android

how do i make my pictures smaller on facebook

how to make a facebook picture smaller
how to make photos on facebook app smaller

how to make photos smaller on facebook

how to make picture smaller on facebook