Facebook Photo Sync + Bionic

IanG

Reaction score
Hey everyone...

Did a quick google search and didn't find anything. I was wondering if anyone else is having issues syncing Facebook Photos with contact pictures? How does one do this (maybe it's just Motoblur in general)? I've gone to account settings and didn't see anything there, and the Facebook application didn't show anything either.

Any tips/help is appreciated :)

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
somebody else mentioned earlier that Facebook contacts were taking a while to sync up.
I wont have my Bionic until tomorrow so I cant say for sure if this is the case but I'd give it a bit of time and see what happens.

Juiced_RL

Reaction score
I saw someone earlier had mentioned this problem in the "I got my bionic" thread. They then posted later that the pictures had shown up after some time had passed.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

OP
I

IanG

Reaction score
Sounds good, I'll give it a while and see if they slowly populate :) Will update later tonight!!

On a side note, this phone is still AWESOME!!

thunder550

Reaction score
My phone is now 3.5 hours active and I noticed that I finally have FB pics in my contact list. Took awhile, as stated above.

Renae

Reaction score
My phone is now 3.5 hours active and I noticed that I finally have FB pics in my contact list. Took awhile, as stated above.

I think they are talking about me. I'm glad yours came in too. It took awhile for mine to sync. I was happy when they finally came in. I decided to do some work at work and leave my phone alone for a bit. I suggest others do this as well :) Once you do your job for a bit, the phone pictures will populate.

Tegamal

Reaction score
Mine took a little while too, but all is well now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Wintrmte

Reaction score
Kind of on the same topic but did you use the Facebook integration on the phone, or from the actual Facebook app?

When I setup my FB account using the FB integration on the phone, the dang thing imported ALL of my FB contacts, which I didn't want.

Ideally, I just want it to sync to the contacts I had already put into the phone. :(

omahadroiduser

Reaction score
facebook sync on bionic

Hi, im a new user and am having issues syncing my facebook photos with my contacts. When i try to add my facebook account, from the add account button (backup account and gmail are currently setup listed here) i get the following error: AN INTERNAL SERVER ERROR OCCURED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN. i have been going back and re-trying since yesterday morning and keep getting the same message. Can someone help???

chris420o

Reaction score
yeah i logged on to the moto facebook account n downloaded facebook from the market(you cant sync through it)...after a while my photos populated and i was able to "join" contacts to add pictures and the option to go directly to profiles in contacts....give it time itll load and youll be as good as it was on the og

ray985

Reaction score
Kind of on the same topic but did you use the Facebook integration on the phone, or from the actual Facebook app?

When I setup my FB account using the FB integration on the phone, the dang thing imported ALL of my FB contacts, which I didn't want.

Ideally, I just want it to sync to the contacts I had already put into the phone. :(

I had that problem too. It annoyed me to no end. To turn it off, go to the contacts screen and click the "menu" button, then "Display options". There you can scroll down and see the Facebook account. I just unclicked the "All Contacts" check box there and it got rid of all Facebook contacts who weren't in my phone address book.

carteriii

Reaction score
Would someone please tell me how to explicitly link a contact (from gmail) with a Facebook contact? I haven't been able to figure out how to do that for the times when the contact name in gmail doesn't match the contact name in Facebook (when the names match, everything happens automatically).

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Nevermind. I figured it out. First click to edit the contact. Then use the Menu and choose "Join" which will let you pick the Facebook contact, assuming you are displaying them.

Last edited:

valkyriemedic

Reaction score
I'm having the exact opposite!!

I want to sync all of my Facebook contacts to my Bionic. I have tried using the Motoblur Facebook and the downloaded market Facebook, both with no luck. deleting the market app completely from the phone before trying the onboard one. Cant get anything from FaceBook to sync. Finally used SyncMyPics to get the Facebook pics for my current contacts on the phone (all from Google contacts). On my OG droid, with I clicked on the pic for a contact it would include a icon link for their FaceBook account...not on the Bionic. Some folks are complaining about everything sycning...whereas I have nothing syncing from Facebook. (yes I've made sure all contacts was selecting under the display option, under facebook).....So whats up?

fizband

Reaction score
I want to sync all of my Facebook contacts to my Bionic. I have tried using the Motoblur Facebook and the downloaded market Facebook, both with no luck. deleting the market app completely from the phone before trying the onboard one. Cant get anything from FaceBook to sync. Finally used SyncMyPics to get the Facebook pics for my current contacts on the phone (all from Google contacts). On my OG droid, with I clicked on the pic for a contact it would include a icon link for their FaceBook account...not on the Bionic. Some folks are complaining about everything sycning...whereas I have nothing syncing from Facebook. (yes I've made sure all contacts was selecting under the display option, under facebook).....So whats up?
same problem here. had it before but mine started after a factory reset after the facebook update, bionic can longer sync will facebook. gallery doesnt sync too, social networking works but there are no profile pictures of my friends

dislimone

Reaction score
So there is no longer a connection between android and facebook? This is hard to believe! I cant see this happening for very long or android and facebook will have some very ticked off users such as myself!:mad: