1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Facebook Photo Sync + Bionic

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by IanG, Sep 8, 2011.

1. IanG

IanG New Member

Hey everyone...

Did a quick google search and didn't find anything. I was wondering if anyone else is having issues syncing Facebook Photos with contact pictures? How does one do this (maybe it's just Motoblur in general)? I've gone to account settings and didn't see anything there, and the Facebook application didn't show anything either.

Any tips/help is appreciated :)
  2. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

somebody else mentioned earlier that Facebook contacts were taking a while to sync up.
    I wont have my Bionic until tomorrow so I cant say for sure if this is the case but I'd give it a bit of time and see what happens.
  3. Juiced_RL

Juiced_RL New Member

I saw someone earlier had mentioned this problem in the "I got my bionic" thread. They then posted later that the pictures had shown up after some time had passed.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums
  4. IanG

IanG New Member

Sounds good, I'll give it a while and see if they slowly populate :) Will update later tonight!!

On a side note, this phone is still AWESOME!!
  5. thunder550

thunder550 Member

My phone is now 3.5 hours active and I noticed that I finally have FB pics in my contact list. Took awhile, as stated above.
  6. Renae

Renae New Member

I think they are talking about me. I'm glad yours came in too. It took awhile for mine to sync. I was happy when they finally came in. I decided to do some work at work and leave my phone alone for a bit. I suggest others do this as well :) Once you do your job for a bit, the phone pictures will populate.
  7. Tegamal

Tegamal New Member

Mine took a little while too, but all is well now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  8. Wintrmte

Wintrmte New Member

Kind of on the same topic but did you use the Facebook integration on the phone, or from the actual Facebook app?

When I setup my FB account using the FB integration on the phone, the dang thing imported ALL of my FB contacts, which I didn't want.

Ideally, I just want it to sync to the contacts I had already put into the phone. :(
  9. omahadroiduser

omahadroiduser New Member

facebook sync on bionic

Hi, im a new user and am having issues syncing my facebook photos with my contacts. When i try to add my facebook account, from the add account button (backup account and gmail are currently setup listed here) i get the following error: AN INTERNAL SERVER ERROR OCCURED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN. i have been going back and re-trying since yesterday morning and keep getting the same message. Can someone help???
  10. chris420o

chris420o New Member

yeah i logged on to the moto facebook account n downloaded facebook from the market(you cant sync through it)...after a while my photos populated and i was able to "join" contacts to add pictures and the option to go directly to profiles in contacts....give it time itll load and youll be as good as it was on the og
  11. ray985

ray985 New Member

I had that problem too. It annoyed me to no end. To turn it off, go to the contacts screen and click the "menu" button, then "Display options". There you can scroll down and see the Facebook account. I just unclicked the "All Contacts" check box there and it got rid of all Facebook contacts who weren't in my phone address book.
  12. carteriii

carteriii New Member

Would someone please tell me how to explicitly link a contact (from gmail) with a Facebook contact? I haven't been able to figure out how to do that for the times when the contact name in gmail doesn't match the contact name in Facebook (when the names match, everything happens automatically).

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Nevermind. I figured it out. First click to edit the contact. Then use the Menu and choose "Join" which will let you pick the Facebook contact, assuming you are displaying them.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  13. valkyriemedic

valkyriemedic New Member

I'm having the exact opposite!!

I want to sync all of my Facebook contacts to my Bionic. I have tried using the Motoblur Facebook and the downloaded market Facebook, both with no luck. deleting the market app completely from the phone before trying the onboard one. Cant get anything from FaceBook to sync. Finally used SyncMyPics to get the Facebook pics for my current contacts on the phone (all from Google contacts). On my OG droid, with I clicked on the pic for a contact it would include a icon link for their FaceBook account...not on the Bionic. Some folks are complaining about everything sycning...whereas I have nothing syncing from Facebook. (yes I've made sure all contacts was selecting under the display option, under facebook).....So whats up?
  14. fizband

fizband New Member

same problem here. had it before but mine started after a factory reset after the facebook update, bionic can longer sync will facebook. gallery doesnt sync too, social networking works but there are no profile pictures of my friends
  15. dislimone

dislimone New Member

So there is no longer a connection between android and facebook? This is hard to believe! I cant see this happening for very long or android and facebook will have some very ticked off users such as myself!:mad:
  16. fizband

fizband New Member

just stay on the safe side and dont ever lose your facebook contacts, as of now motoral can only offer to take your phone in for repairs @@ 10 regular days (2 weeks ) without a phone.....
  17. bRatGirl

bRatGirl New Member

Facebook sync to Bionic

I've had my phone since last night at 8:30 and it synced a few pictures then that was it??? Help!!
  18. Only1Cammie

Only1Cammie New Member

When I got my Bionic, I had to go under the privacy settings in Facebook and allow the app "Droid" to have access to my Facebook account before it would sync. Once I did that though, it has worked perfectly.

19. dislimone

dislimone New Member

My settings are up to share the data with android and facebook under account settings and still no sync over here.
  20. Only1Cammie

Only1Cammie New Member

Is Droid listed as an allowed app on your Facebook settings? Make sure you have check marked the info you want to share. I had to do mine from my home computer, it wouldn't let me do it all from my phone.

Search tags for this page
bionic photos sync
droid bionic facebook contact pictures
droid bionic photos quick contacts not updated
droid bionic sync contact picture from facebook

droid bionic sync facebook pictures

facebook pic sync for droid bionic
google photos sync on droid bionic
how do i unsync my pictures from facebook on my motorola bio
how to update phone contacts with facebook photos on a droid
howto import face pictures from facebook to droid ultra?
motorola droid ultra- how do i sync facebook pictures
sync contacts on bionic with facebook photos
sync droid photos to facebook
sync facebook photos to draoid bionic
upload pictures to facebook from motorola droid bionic