Facebook on CM9

Reaction score
Anyone else having a problem syncing Facebook on the 4-17 build of cm9

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

HavoC

Reaction score
haven't tried it, I'm currently running gummy 1.0 and haven't had any issues. are you talking about Facebook contacts not syncing or something else? If it is the contacts not syncing give it a few hours (and potentially a reboot). Sometimes it just doesn't seem to sync all my contacts right away, but if I check back later on they are usually all there.

I know the Facebook app has never worked properly for me on any phone I've ever had, even with notifications turned on and refresh interval set to 1 hour it never notifies me of anything lol.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

OP
A
Reaction score
I loaded the 4-17 build and when I go to accounts to add Facebook it goes through but doesn't add it to the list of synced accounts and when I try to add it again it just backs out of the menu. And none of my contacts or contact pics show up

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Unfortunately it is an issue with Facebook and ICS not playing nicely. As a result you will need to use something else like Friend Caster or Sync my Pics (I have never used it but have read it works so I can not verify) to get your contact pics to sync.

OP
A
Reaction score
Can't sync with friend caster its like facebook hates everything

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForum

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You mean the contact pictures won't sync?

HavoC

Reaction score
I loaded the 4-17 build and when I go to accounts to add Facebook it goes through but doesn't add it to the list of synced accounts and when I try to add it again it just backs out of the menu. And none of my contacts or contact pics show up

thats odd I checked under my accounts and Facebook is listed there so I know it is at least possible. Maybe try just opening the Facebook app (after fresh install) and logging in that way before going to accounts and sync. I don't know why that would make a difference but who knows.

Here's a screenshot of my accounts and sync screen to prove to myself I'm not imagining things lol:

uploadfromtaptalk1334851441344.jpg

I blacked out my account email and user names in picsay pro before I uploaded but I can confirm that my Facebook account is (seemingly) synced to my phone properly. Good luck

OP
A
Reaction score
The pics won't sync but its more than that. When I go to add accounts I have my Google and twitter. When I tr to add Facebook I put in my info but when I go back to the account screen its still just Google and twitter no Facebook but if I try to add it again it kicks me back to the menu and I've tied deleting and re downloading facebook.

HavoC

Reaction score
The pics won't sync but its more than that. When I go to add accounts I have my Google and twitter. When I tr to add Facebook I put in my info but when I go back to the account screen its still just Google and twitter no Facebook but if I try to add it again it kicks me back to the menu and I've tied deleting and re downloading facebook.

Hmm this is certainly odd lol. Did you let Google restore your settings coming from a gingerbread rom to ICS/CM9? If you did, that may be the source of your problem as doing that is supposed to cause issues.

OP
A
Reaction score
Nope went from the 4-11 to the 4-17 build did a data wipe and every thing

HavoC

Reaction score
Yeah I got nothing left to try lol hopefully you figure it out tho.

OP
A
Reaction score
OK so I said screw it and switched to gummy an now OK not getting a Mobil network

HavoC

Reaction score
OK so I said screw it and switched to gummy an now OK not getting a Mobil network

That's also odd lol your Bionic just doesnt want you to have IVS apparently lol idk what the cause of your issues is, hopefully you don't end up in a situation where you have to fxz back to stock.

OP
A
Reaction score
Got it working had to do the old airplane mode trick