facebook on 2.0.1

OP
Guja

Guja

Reaction score
Yes no foto sync here. The facebook for android is a disaster. I found a windows application, that syncs facebook and google photos, but I would prefer if there was an app for that on Android :D

big_adventure

Reaction score
Yes no foto sync here. The facebook for android is a disaster. I found a windows application, that syncs facebook and google photos, but I would prefer if there was an app for that on Android :D

If what you want is good contact syncing, use SyncMyPix. I switched to that a while ago, because I constantly had odd problems with the Droid facebook on my Milestone. Like at each sync, it would add another facebook icon for each contact. This was just ugly. SyncMyPix handles the photo part beautifully, and you can tell it if you want it to wipe out existing photos or not, how often you want it to sync, etc.

Facebook for Android and every other facebook app I have tried on my Milestone are simply nightmarish (klugy, weird, inefficient, etc.) compared to Facebook for Blackberry.

OP
Guja

Guja

Reaction score
SyncMyPix doesn't show up in my market. I don't have paid apps. That really bugs me.

big_adventure

Reaction score
SyncMyPix doesn't show up in my market. I don't have paid apps. That really bugs me.

Again (following the Maps question), paid apps is not your problem, because this app is free. Protected apps is probably the issue.

In any case, here's the apk ripped from my phone...

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

As a warning, the app owner has stated that it is only for 1.5 and 1.6, and another Milestone user complained that it didn't sync properly for him, but it works perfectly for me.

big_adventure

Reaction score
Yep, Canadian Milestone does this as well (dunno where you guys got your milestones)

Can you pull off your facebook APK (and odex, if there is one?)

This should be at either /data/app/com.facebook.katana.apk or at /system/app/Facebook.apk (and maybe /system/app/Facebook.odex) or even both.

Can you also use the application list to get the version of Facebook that you are running?

Thanks in advance.

newb

Reaction score
big_adventure: cheers for that! Just installed SyncMyPix - works a treat, exactly what I was after :)