Facebook notifications

Kelbee

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I need a lil help here. I just changed my notification ringtone in Facebook on my Rezound and now it's sending me false message notifications every few minutes. I tried turning the phone off and back on, didn't help. Then took the battery out, didn't help. Finally I just turned off the notifications completely. Can anyone help me fix this?

I'm just an ordinary cell owner so I don't know anything about rooting my phone or anything like that.

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
U might try deleting and reinstalling the fb app.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
K

Kelbee

Reaction score
U might try deleting and reinstalling the fb app.

Unfortunately the app came with the phone. I just tried deleting the updates to it but it takes me back to the old Facebook app we used when the Droid was new and worth something. I didn't like that so updated the app again and it's still doing the same thing. :(

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmmm. It keeps going off?? I would leave the notification for fb alone for right now. As for me.... I'm thinking u may need to do a reboot.......

Before you do, how are the rest of your notifications working?

OP
K

Kelbee

Reaction score
Yeah, keeps sending me a notification that I have a message on Facebook but there are no new messages. The notification ringtone actually went off 3 times with the last status bar notice.

How do I reboot? What will I loose in doing so?

It's a lil too soon to tell about the other notifications. I just got the phone 4 days ago and haven't chatted with anyone yet so those I don't know about. My email notification from one account hasn't received any mail yet *but* my other account notification is turned on but isn't working!

I just came from a Droid 1 that was possessed! I so don't want that to happen to this phone! :p

lowvolt

Reaction score
My has an LG and she keeps getting notifications that she has 7 facebook messages. I think she has some unread messages in there somewhere. Try deleting all your messages.

From my rooted, bricked, sbf'd, rooted again and flashed DROIDX

OP
K

Kelbee

Reaction score
Thanks! I went through my messages (had no idea how many I had!) and I think I may have found one unread message. There's way too many to delete ATM so I opened the one then turned the notifications back on and so far nothing's happened. Fingers crossed it works now.

Thank you all so much!