Facebook notifications not notifying

texas outlaw

Reaction score

C4NNIBAL

Reaction score
What is touch.facebook.com?

It's a mobile version of the site that (I'm assuming) is optimized for the iPod Touch/iPhone. I just go to Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

Got it now. That works ok. The only thing I don't like about it is that it lags. All of the news feed is from yesterday, even after a refresh. It has to do with the status updates button that is available if you're on a PC.

Hmm, that's weird. When I use it, it keeps me up to date properly.

philliesfan

Reaction score
I am also getting that same error "cannot retrieve the notifications. please try again later.[601/parser error:unexpected '-' at position 57.]" I logged out of the Facebook App and back in and am still receiving. Any suggestions?

Yes, I am definitely having this problem and have been for maybe a week...maybe MORE. It's very frustrating. I've thought about removing the application and reloading but I'm not sure if that will work.

On a related note - can you save all your facebook contacts in your gmail contacts from the droid or is that just "asking too much" lol? Or am I not finding this option?
I am not very good with the phone yet, I am unsure if you can move contacts between Gmail and Facebook. That would be nice if we could, I just dont know if we can.

Grod

Reaction score
I had the same problem and simply fixed it by "installing" the free FB app in the marketplace from the phone. Even though the app was on my phone, it wasn't registering as installed when I viewed it in marketplace. When i did that install, notifications now come in and i haven't seen that error anymore. :O)

m.p. cobra fan

Reaction score
I had the same problem and simply fixed it by "installing" the free FB app in the marketplace from the phone. Even though the app was on my phone, it wasn't registering as installed when I viewed it in marketplace. When i did that install, notifications now come in and i haven't seen that error anymore. :O)

THANK YOU! I have been searching this site trying to figure out how to fix that error message. I just did what you said and it works great!

Esse2420

Reaction score
I think a lot of the problems like this are due to Apps/websites trying to make their programs work for all the devices out there, but as soon as they try to fix something for one device, it messes sh** up for others.

Sub~Zero

Reaction score
I jus hope they change the "via facebook for android icon". it wuld be kool to make it the android robot