Facebook notification keeps popping up..."Facebook session expired"

Reaction score
Mine had been doing this also the past two weeks or so, so this morning I went into accounts and sync settings and noticed that facebook had an error for some reason. I just unchecked and checked the boxes for sync contacts and the error message went away. Not sure if this will make it stop but we'll see.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

dsakfong

Reaction score
I kept getting the same message and in addition, my Facebook profile pics were not updating.

For me, I remembered that I had changed my Facebook password from my home computer about when these messages began, and and when I checked the Fascinate's Accounts settings, the Facebook account sync showed a problem. I tried but could not find a way of updating the password on the Fascinate's account sync so I deleted and then added the account back in with the new password... Fixed. No more messages.

Good luck!

vicarious

Reaction score
I've solved the problem.

I had this popping up semi-regularly, and I've never installed an app that deals with facebook. It appears to be inherent functionality in the droid. I'm confident it's nothing malicious, but it is annoying, and I've figured out how to get rid of it.

From your home page press menu, then choose settings. Select "Applications" then "Manage applications". If you're running droid OS 2.1 then you'll probably need to press the menu button and change the filter so that it show all or running, instead of just third party. On droid 2.2 it's a tab at the top to choose which you want to see. If you have the notice problem currently, it's obviously running, so go to the running tab, and find "SNSaccount". You can choose Force Stop and the notice will go away. It's not possible to uninstall it, so it may come back after you restart your phone. I also chose "clear data", not sure yet if that will help.

In short: find SNSaccount and force close it.

Seventh Mercury

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 3
August 4, 2014: This worked for me with my Android phone. Go to the Accounts section in Settings and delete the Facebook application. That's it.