Facebook notification keeps popping up..."Facebook session expired"

noslenwerd

Reaction score
Not sure if this is via the app? Or something else. I thought it may have been GoChat! (Facebook chat app), but I uninstalled it.

Anyways it says;

"Facebook session expired

Then it prompts me to enter my password, and I do... nothing happens. But my email address isn't correct in the email box (@gmail.com was taken off the end of my email address), but it won't let me edit it? I cannot click into that text box?

Anyone else have this issue?

M

Mwsr

Mine keeps doing the same but it let's me log back in everytime

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
N

noslenwerd

Reaction score
Its literally once every hour.. and its annoying as all hell.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
No idea but it does sound like a 3rd party app trying to access fb rather than fb app itself.

You use pixelpipe or any other app that posts to fb? Just a thought.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

krstofer

Reaction score
Mine started doing the same thing, I have the Vibrant. I started to put in my information, then thought, Why would it log out, after all this time? So I opened the facebook app and it hasn't logged out. SO either it is another app trying to access facebook, or a phishing app. I uninstalled the facebook for android app and it is still happening. The only thing I have done recently (other than install apps) is change my twitter settings not to post to facebook. I'm going to uninstall twitter and see if that fixes it.

OP
N

noslenwerd

Reaction score
Mine started doing the same thing, I have the Vibrant. I started to put in my information, then thought, Why would it log out, after all this time? So I opened the facebook app and it hasn't logged out. SO either it is another app trying to access facebook, or a phishing app. I uninstalled the facebook for android app and it is still happening. The only thing I have done recently (other than install apps) is change my twitter settings not to post to facebook. I'm going to uninstall twitter and see if that fixes it.

Any luck? I am still having the issue.

krstofer

Reaction score
No Luck. I uninstalled so many apps and it just keeps coming back. I'm considering flashing stock and starting over. A friend of mine suggested that it might be legit, but I can't see what would need my facebook info that doesn't already have it and isn't currently working. I even checked the samsung widget for feeds and it was able to connect to facebook.

I find it strange that it doesn't tell what application it is requesting the connection.

My wife has the same phone and she entered her info (before I had a chance to tell her not to) and it hasn't come back yet after a week or so.

krstofer

Reaction score
I think I may have just found the answer. Did you recently have an app that used to connect to facebook and you disconnected it on facebook? It might be poor programming in an app you are using.

Check this out

BETCoffee: Facebook Connect and Rails: handling logout from Facebook site in Facebooker

Or it could be the account and sync option in your phone. I just removed my facebook account from my accounts and sync and it went away.

From your home screen go to settings then accounts & sync. When you go to sync fb it'll come up again, click on the notification, log in & sync again.

OP
N

noslenwerd

Reaction score
I think I may have just found the answer. Did you recently have an app that used to connect to facebook and you disconnected it on facebook? It might be poor programming in an app you are using.

Check this out

BETCoffee: Facebook Connect and Rails: handling logout from Facebook site in Facebooker

Or it could be the account and sync option in your phone. I just removed my facebook account from my accounts and sync and it went away.

From your home screen go to settings then accounts & sync. When you go to sync fb it'll come up again, click on the notification, log in & sync again.

so basically you disconnected sync with facebook, then resynced. What a pain it is going to be linking up all my contacts again.

Thanks for the update though! I will check it out.

galandab

Reaction score
I am going to try turning off the notification interval and let you know. Mine was doing it every hour also and that was my notification interval amount.

barzakh

Reaction score
is it just me or are all the users facing this problem samsung users? or is it because this is a samsung forum?
cause i own a galaxy s i9000 .. and ever since i installed the app planet application .. i started getting this bug .. i thought it was one of those 'password grabber' bugs .. so i uninstalled the app .. but i'm still getting it ..everytime i try to sync the fb SNS contacts or calender . it gives me this . never used to do that before. something has to be fishy here

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
is it just me or are all the users facing this problem samsung users? or is it because this is a samsung forum?
cause i own a galaxy s i9000 .. and ever since i installed the app planet application .. i started getting this bug .. i thought it was one of those 'password grabber' bugs .. so i uninstalled the app .. but i'm still getting it ..everytime i try to sync the fb SNS contacts or calender . it gives me this . never used to do that before. something has to be fishy here

Can't spare a few dollars to developers for some apps from the real market? Who knows, maybe you have some sort of Malware now.

barzakh

Reaction score
Can't spare a few dollars to developers for some apps from the real market?

great, go off topic to win a mockery point .. that's not what's under discussion since i said 'i THOUGHT' . but to clear the confusion for people, it probably has nothing to do with apps or spyware .. because i've been searching a lot and as it appears to be .. a lot of samsung users are facing this bug which apparently seems to be resorted by deleting and reinstalling the app or the account.. however i was looking for another way out of this hence brought it under discussion.

Christie0418

Reaction score
I kept getting it too.. and decided not to enter in my info since I could still connect. I had both Facebook for Android and Facebook Mobile. Saw nothing in reviews of FB for android about it so tried to go to the Facebook Mobile in the market to see in the reviews if anyone else was having the issue, and it could not be found, so I uninstalled. We will see if that stops that notification.