Facebook name syncing

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by RichStevenson, Dec 9, 2009.

1. RichStevenson

RichStevenson New Member

Ok had this problem prior to the 2.0.1 update and thought maybe it would be fixed.
    Syncing the contacts with Facebook works for the most part, but I have about five contacts that now display Firstname Lastname. All of my contacts are Lastname,Firstname. Go into edit the contact and in there it's displayed Lastname,Firstname so I don't see anywhere to correct it.

Any ideas?

Rich
  2. superalpaca

superalpaca New Member

Had the same problem with the manual update. go to your gmail email account. On the left hand side there should be a option called "contacts" click on that. After you click on it, in the middle there should be an option "all contacts" click on that and then click all (or click whichever you want to move to your contacts) then click the "move to my contacts" option. It should restore your contact list.

And I think with the 2.0.1 patch, the joining option for merging your facebook contacts and your phone contacts that you had previously (if it didn't merge automatically with the facebook account b/c you had different spelling or something for their names) is now fixed.
  3. RichStevenson

RichStevenson New Member

It's something with how FB sync's. Any and all FB contacts that do not exists in the phones contacts come over First/Last. If they do exist, then they come over Last/First, except for these five. It seems like FB sync decides to display it it's on way, although in the edit of the contact it's shown Last/First.

I tried your suggestion, but to no avail.

Rich
  4. superalpaca

superalpaca New Member

Weird, you logged in through your computer and everything? I guess we had two different problems with the same effects. Still 20 or + of my contacts that I merged onto my facebook contacts by deleting their names then joining, separated again so I they have no names and I have no idea whose number it is.