Facebook Just Put Everyones Birthday on My Calender

L0GIKILL

Reaction score
And I dont care for it. Is there anyway to get that off my calender?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have your FB account sync'd to your device? (settings > accounts & sync >)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is sync enabled?

I don't know if you wanted your FB contacts sync'd to you phone contacts.... if so, disabling the sync on FB will remove this... but it SHOULD remove all linking of FB information to your phone.

You may have to reboot your device after disabling.

OP
L

L0GIKILL

Reaction score
thanks Martin, that did work. In a perfect world I would have the contacts synched, but not their birthdays, but I this has fixed my problem. I appreciate your help.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
thanks Martin, that did work. In a perfect world I would have the contacts synched, but not their birthdays, but I this has fixed my problem. I appreciate your help.
you're the first I've seen report this issue... but then again it might not be an issue to others.

I don't have my FB contacts sync'd... nor will I, but maybe there's a FB setting that will disable the birthdays?

Hopefully someone more familiar with syncing FB contacts will pop in.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I sync my contacts and I have been waiting for a way to get their birthdays to sync with my callendar.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I sync my contacts and I have been waiting for a way to get their birthdays to sync with my callendar.

wonder why it did it for the OP but not for you...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's what I was wondering. Could be an inc feature.

OP
L

L0GIKILL

Reaction score
I just bought my Inc yesterday if that information helps you at all. Not sure if its part of the Froyo thing or whatever comes on the newest versions of the Dinc.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just bought my Inc yesterday if that information helps you at all. Not sure if its part of the Froyo thing or whatever comes on the newest versions of the Dinc.
not Froyo related... as most of us are running that on our various devices.... might be something that the HTC brand does that Moto doesn't....

hauptm

Reaction score
You can keep your contacts synced and not have the calendars show up.

Go into your calendar widget or whatever you use. Go to Settings -> Choose Calendar and uncheck Facebook.