Facebook is making a phone

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take a look at Report: Facebook is making a phone - CNN.com

There's an interesting comment...

In a post titled "It'll Be A Miracle If The Facebook Phone Doesn't Suck," TechCrunch's Alexia Tsotsis was more blunt.

"Making phone hardware is hard work, much harder than anything Facebook has ever attempted in the past," she wrote.

"Basically, there are a million ways this project will fail, and just one way it will work: Facebook ostensibly could succeed by tapping into the opening in the mobile market where people want an alternative to poorly designed Android phones — targeting people who would buy something other than an iPhone if the price point was $150 less and the design were at least a little bit more ambitious than what is currently available on Android."

RL52

Reaction score
the idea of Facebook developing a phone, is as good as entering the share market.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Facebook is a great social tool, too bad they grew too fast and have neglected to hire top software engineers to resolve their cronic website and app issues before they foray into the hardware market. Sell your FB shares before the phone is released!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Elen

Reaction score
Its a very good news. Facebook has now come in the competitive mobile market. They will face good competition from Samsung and Motorola.

jaffa

Reaction score
The user centered interactive effects include horizontally sliding sub selection, the vertically sliding keyboard and bookmarks menu, and widgets that turn around to allow settings to be configured on the other side. Menu bars are found at the top and bottom of the screen when necessary. Thanks a lot.
Regards,
framies for iphone

edwinmiller

Reaction score
I think there is a huge difference between making a social platform and mobile phone. And if looking Facebook still the most popular online social media platform and seems unbeatable. By the way the idea is really accepted and most welcome but Facebook should not forget that it will have to compete with the giant mobile makers like Apple, Samsung, Motorola, RIM etc…

Pat.

Reaction score
They have lots to spend so they might be better getting HTC ...who need a bit of help currently .. to make a Facebook branded model.
Facebook was a "one off" lucky accident for the owners, they would get taken for a ride by suppliers if they tried to enter the hardware market.
A far better move would be to simply buy a shredder & pay an employee to sit & shred dollar bills full time.

Pat.

Reaction score
I'm not bashing the phone, I'm bashing the idea, last time i looked Facebook were not a manufacturer of electronic devices.