Facebook is Developing a Dedicated Camera App For Still Photos And Live Video Streaming

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Facebook-Video-Hand-Pressing-Play.jpg

Love it or hate it, Facebook is a defining force in the digital landscape of the planet. Of course, one of the reasons for that is because CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his massive team of brilliant engineers are constantly improving and evolving it. The latest development they are working on is a dedicated camera app for still photos and live video streaming.

This feature is designed to get us to share more of our daily lives so Facebook can compete with Snapchat and Periscope. Despite that, the report from the WSJ indicates there's a possibility the app will never get released. That's because studies have shown that original content like status updates and other personal sharing is actually on the decline.

We will keep an eye on this to see if it actually comes to fruition. What do you folks think? Do you want Facebook to become your "one stop shop" for all your content sharing needs?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Ugh what? Pass.

How many more years until Facebook just buys the US?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
They would have to buy Google first and they aren't rich enough for that.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sharing is down on FB so they are panicking. Apparently it has become the social network of old folks and the kids aren't using it anymore.

I am one of the few old folks NOT on Facebook. And never will be.

Reactions: cr6

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hate social media. I need it for my races though.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with it, when used in moderation.

I know people who spam all sorts of crap there, but myself I only share information that would benefit others or that would interest friends and relatives overseas.

Plus it has becomes my main news source as I've subscribed to major tech news websites and they always post to Facebook.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with it, when used in moderation.

I know people who spam all sorts of crap there, but myself I only share information that would benefit others or that would interest friends and relatives overseas.

Plus it has becomes my main news source as I've subscribed to major tech news websites and they always post to Facebook.

drudgereport.com (and mobile app) FTW!