Facebook HTC is haunting me!

shedroid

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm using the FB app downloaded from the market. I have my setting in FB (via desktop comp) turned off. I also have turned off notifications in the app. Everywhere I can find an option to turn off notifications I have.

My problem, I'm still getting notifications from FB for HTC sense. There is no icon in my apps for this FB. If I look at running apps it does have the android FB as well as FB for HTC. I cleared data, defaults everything. I'm still getting notifications though. The look like square sign in my notification bar, when I pull bar down it tells me I have message, update etc.

When I go to post a pic, or share something the menu of what app I can use to share does have two FB options. I just can't find an icon for this FB to turn the stupid notifications off.

It is driving me nuts. Please advise :-(

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

smmfc

Reaction score
I only get notifications from the download app I'm not even signed into the HTC sense one I'm not a fan of a lot of widgets and tye HTC one is basically for widget use from what I can tell

OP
shedroid

shedroid

Reaction score
Anyone how to make stock FB go away? I'm getting over 100 notifications a day. I can't take it lol

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
The only way that I know of to get rid of the pre-installed apps (bloatware) is to root your phone and delete them.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does it show up in setting/accounts &sync?

Simply turn off there...

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

OP
shedroid

shedroid

Reaction score
Does not show in account settings or sync. I don't have anything syncing on it's own. Will do desktop tonight and see...with all the fb changes might just delete it all together. Thanks for responding. Will update after I try desktop.