Facebook Has A Hidden Inbox, You Probably Never Knew About

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
20160407205109-GettyImages-509007636.jpeg

Some users have discovered hundreds of messages in a hidden inbox within Facebook’s messaging system.

The purpose of the inbox is to filter spam and other unwanted messages. However, some users, have discovered their “filtered” inbox full of legitimate messages that never made it to the main inbox or to the Messenger App.

When using the Messenger App, the hidden inbox is buried under four menus. To get to it tap Settings, then People, then Message Requests and tap on the “See filtered requests” link.

The filtered messages include anything sent to you that you have manually filtered out as unwanted, as well as messages from people who are not connected with you on Facebook.

Some have reported finding messages informing them of a friends death to those who have won contests.

See the detailed instructions on how to get to your hidden inbox below.

Check your hidden inbox and let us know below if there are messages you wish you had received.

Source: CNET

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Via Desktop

Step 1:
Open Facebook in your browser.

Step 2: Click the Messages icon that's in the blue toolbar.

Step 3: By default, it shows you the Recent list; click Message Requests, then scroll down and click Filtered Requests.

(Another way to get there: In the left-side toolbar, click Messages, then the More pulldown and then Filtered Requests.)

If you're mobile, fire up the Messenger app, tap Settings > Message Requests, then See filtered requests.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Unfortunately, many peeps have experienced the same. It will be interesting to see how many here at DF have missed some important messages.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had actually found the requests and filtered messages years ago... All that was in the was some of those spam and phishing type messages... It shouldn't filter messages from actual facebook accounts

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I had some issues with it too. If you're not a friend or acquaintance it sends the messages there. I've missed a bunch of semi-important messages.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Surprised to see that my hidden inbox is completely empty!
That's good news as the filter seemed to work properly for you..

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Via Desktop

Step 1:
Open Facebook in your browser.

Step 2: Click the Messages icon that's in the blue toolbar.

Step 3: By default, it shows you the Recent list; click Message Requests, then scroll down and click Filtered Requests.

(Another way to get there: In the left-side toolbar, click Messages, then the More pulldown and then Filtered Requests.)

If you're mobile, fire up the Messenger app, tap Settings > Message Requests, then See filtered requests.
On the mobile browser is just a smidge different. Tap messages and Filtered will be one of the choices below your regular inbox
Had a couple of junk mail type from back in 2014

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I missed one that potentially could have earned me a little extra income. I feel like I've found these at some point previously as well. Not a big deal, as the service the person was inquiring about was only something I tend to do for friends and family for the most part..though I should probably think about extending that out further, since there seems to be a need for it. (I got legally ordained online years ago and can perform wedding ceremonies. Someone had given someone else my name and they were inquiring. Not the first time my name's been given out to someone I don't actually know for such a thing.)

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I just tried that with the Messenger app and had no "see filtered requests" option anywhere. Interesting.