Facebook for Android

xm0067

Reaction score
I know the application gets a lot of hate in the market, but I don't see much of a problem with it, other than it has two wakelocks that drain my battery, any idea how to get rid of them?

Sent from my ApeX-ed, Overclocked, and Automated DROID 2

OP
X

xm0067

Reaction score
"A kernel mechanism for Android power management. When a thread holds a wakelock, the kernel will refrain from entering a low-power state."
They drain battery life by a good bit, and facebook keeps 2 running in the backround,

Nyobie

Reaction score
Oh, thanks for the explanation! Much appreciated!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

skrtchsr

Reaction score
I'm happy with just my facebook being bookmarked on the internet, is the app better?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm happy with just my facebook being bookmarked on the internet, is the app better?

The app is almost exactly the same as the mobile site.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Nyobie

Reaction score
I prefer the FB App but it periodically has quirks. Mostly it works well, is fast and behaves itself. (I'm unrooted but a student of the rooting world for the time being.)

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

skrtchsr

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure what the root or unrooted means mine is stock and only 2 weeks old my first 1 got wet.

OP
X

xm0067

Reaction score
Rooted means having access to the sudo function on your phone, essentially administrator access, which is restriced from you.

busab

Reaction score

I find the internet site to be faster over all and MUCH less buggy. Plus Watchdog kept telling me it was misbehaving so I ended up just deleting my Facebook app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

chucklehead

Reaction score
I've never even thought about using the mobile site instead of the app. After reading this I'm gonna have to give it the site a try and see if I like it better.