Facebook for Android Updated, Brings Event Creation and More

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
facebook.jpg

Facebook has released an update for their Android app that adds some neat new features. The update brings the app to version 1.9.8 and adds a new event creation interface that allows users to create events and edit locations, times, and privacy settings. Photo uploading has also been tweaked so you can now select and upload multiple photos from your device at once using the apps new upload flow. The update also gives users the ability to add photos and emoji to messages. You can grab the update on the play market here or snap the QR code below.

facebookqr.jpg

Source: Android Police

ricky0702

Reaction score
This version is looking nice and that kind of changes are so important because people are believe in something extraordinary.

jerroedr

Reaction score
does the contact picture sync work yet? on jb 4.1.1

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Strange. On the news earlier they were saying only the iOS app update was out and there was no word on when the Android version would be released.

Hiker5208

Reaction score
I had to uninstall on my phone. It kept freezing and slowed my phone way down. I looked on play store and it appears others are having problems as well.

Valvoline

Reaction score
Yeah the fbook app and even the mobile site blows a$$. I have terrible luck with it. Lock ups all the time, it'll load the same thing 5 times, then it'll load blank pages. Hate it. If I have to scroll back further than a day or so I have to use my pc, the app can't hack it

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well another thread said Marky Z is making his Android guys use only the app to get on FBook for a while so that they can see how bad it is.

Hiker5208

Reaction score
I had to uninstall on my phone. It kept freezing and slowed my phone way down. I looked on play store and it appears others are having problems as well.

There was a new update the other day and I went ahead and took it. It seems to have solved the issues I was having with the app.

jay88

Reaction score
Amazing this app is awesome. I want to use this app. Thank you for share this.