Facebook for Android review

asforel

Reaction score
Facebook for Android makes it easy to stay connected and share information with friends. You can share status updates from your home screen, check out your News Feed, review your upcoming Events, look at your friends’ walls and user info, upload photos, share links, check your Inbox, and view posted videos.
Latest version: 1.3.0 (for all Android versions)dancedroid
I read that review just now, so share here with all of you. Do you use facebook on you android? What do you thinks of it? Share you reasons why you like it or not?

1_thumb.jpg

tehpriest

Reaction score
But it does not flip to horizontal landscape mode when on it's side or in the dock. Useless.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Have never used the facebook app. I just open my browser of choice to facebook.com.

mrapollinax

Reaction score
I typically use touch.facebook.com as it is a fairly well designed interface for touch screen phones. The app is a pretty good imitation of the touch site with a few more things thrown in like better media stream on the bottom for pics and videos your friends post. Unlike the touch site though (which is obviously browser dependent) you cannot move into landscape until you dive in past the opening "dashboard." Also you cannot change the "News Feed" into the "Live Feed." Otherwise the new app is very fast and is much improved over the last version.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I is better, but still pretty lame. If I was the FB dev, I would be embarrassed for this as the only update since February.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
But it does not flip to horizontal landscape mode when on it's side or in the dock. Useless.

It still flips correctly when you're viewing the newsfeed. But you're right -- the main screen in the application does not rotate. Which sucks, to say the least.

The new Facebook app looks good, but it's still lipstick on a pig.

droider4life

Reaction score
i exclusively use Bloo.. i like the interface and of course the notifications.. The only thing good about this facebook app is the contact sync.. imo

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
So far using the new app I still have to switch over to FB touch to see anything, and sometimes even the full site.
And the widget is pretty useless. Just cycles through the same few friends status.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

txwin70

Reaction score
would like notifications as well. Or maybe i just haven't found em yet?

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
would like notifications as well. Or maybe i just haven't found em yet?

If you hit Menu -> Settings you can enable notifications. Shortest interval is 30 minutes which makes it useless (for me at least) since i get my emails from facebook within seconds. I guess if you do not use email alerts it could be useful. One nice thing about it is it gets its own notification sound separate from anything else (comes with the facebook 'pop') and a blue led alert.

As for using the app, I have it installed and sync'd mostly for the ability to sync with existing contacts, gives me any info they proved with facebook (emails, bday, etc) and syncs their current picture which i think is pretty cool.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
MUCH better than the last version. I'm glad I can view messages now. It is going to take some getting used to now, though.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Except it force closes when I go to friends...