Facebook for Android Gets Big UI Changes and Improvements

James9109

Reaction score
I really like the new UI, it's pretty slick looking. I have had no issues with it since I got the update last night. And yes people still use Facebook, google+ is already dying, if not already dead. I am sure some people use g+ regularly but none of my friends on it have posted in months.

Yeah, I would love to use google+ but none of my friends are on it...... sucks but ik maybe in the future it may be the big thing everyone uses who knows.

alant40

Reaction score
What I'm wondering is why the option to sync Facebook accounts to the RAZR is still missing? You'd think with a major update they could get that going?

Not sure what you mean. I have the Razr and my contacts are synched with Facebook. Have been since I bought the phone.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean. I have the Razr and my contacts are synched with Facebook. Have been since I bought the phone.
I dont have a razr but i thought i heard that it was disabled by default....moto was suppose to enable it in an update. that was awhile back though.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Facebook for android is a RAM hog...its the single biggest user of available memory on my device....its too much like the IOS app now,which was was ruined in ios5 update...instead of constantly changing the app,maybe work on fixing its excessive use of battery and memory....since its just like the touchfacebook on the browser now,Im uninstalling it so my phone can be fast again...

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Facebook for android is a RAM hog...its the single biggest user of available memory on my device....its too much like the IOS app now,which was was ruined in ios5 update...instead of constantly changing the app,maybe work on fixing its excessive use of battery and memory....since its just like the touchfacebook on the browser now,Im uninstalling it so my phone can be fast again...

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Facebook for android is a RAM hog...its the single biggest user of available memory on my device....its too much like the IOS app now,which was was ruined in ios5 update...instead of constantly changing the app,maybe work on fixing its excessive use of battery and memory....since its just like the touchfacebook on the browser now,Im uninstalling it so my phone can be fast again...
As a quick tip click edit post, then delete post. make sure to click the delete dot. [for the double post] if you wanted to correct something then just edit without posting another one.

Kag Pirate

Reaction score
I really like the new UI, it's pretty slick looking. I have had no issues with it since I got the update last night. And yes people still use Facebook, google+ is already dying, if not already dead. I am sure some people use g+ regularly but none of my friends on it have posted in months.

I like the whole idea behind G+ I can share only ungodly things with my friends that post ungodly things. Then have my family most who are godly and post godly things or in my case read.

G+ seems to lack something FB has.... Any How I'm now going to try Facebook app again. I uninstall all updates and removed my info cause the app was over checking my FB account and draining my battery. :angry: ..........

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I like the whole idea behind G+ I can share only ungodly things with my friends that post ungodly things. Then have my family most who are godly and post godly things or in my case read.

G+ seems to lack something FB has.... Any How I'm now going to try Facebook app again. I uninstall all updates and removed my info cause the app was over checking my FB account and draining my battery. :angry: ..........
Ease of use I'm guessing? It's not hard to organize circles, but the thought of it to some people seems like alot of work

Plus alot of people are already signed up for facbeook so why use another social networking site? I would prefer G+, but not enough of my friends are on it/ want to get on it.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Thank you. ..I tried the app..and it uses 55mb of ram constantly ...when I freeze the app the phone is much more responsive....I uploaded a picture and now I don't see how to choose what album I am loading into ..everything goes in the mobile folder....I'm not seeing any improvements...I an deleting it and restoring a backup of the old app...which ill freeze until needed ....this app really needs to be built with more concern for phone resources...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited: