Facebook Finally Rolls Out Expanded 'Like' Button with 6 New 'Reactions'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
FB-Reactions-1.jpg

It looks like Facebook finally finalized their new expanded "Like" button. They call the new extra like functions "Reactions," and there are 6 of them. These include the standard "Like" as well as Love, Haha, Wow, Sad and Angry. These will obviously give users a wider range and variation on how they respond to Facebook posts.

It certainly took them a while to nail these down, especially when you consider that forums across the web have had this functionality for years. One could argue that Facebook is simply one gigantic social forum, so why couldn't Facebook have expanded this system sooner? Here's what Facebook themselves had to say about that,

"We understand that this is a big change, and want to be thoughtful about rolling this out. For more than a year we have been conducting global research including focus groups and surveys to determine what types of reactions people would want to use most. We also looked at how people are already commenting on posts and the top stickers and emoticons as signals for the types of reactions people are already using to determine which reactions to offer."

Regardless, at least the changes are coming soon. Facebook didn't reveal precisely when these changes would roll out, but we expect it to begin soon. For more info here's Facebook newsroom post: Reactions Now Available Globally | Facebook Newsroom

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd have been just fine with a like and a dislike, no need for emotional stuff.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'd have been just fine with a like and a dislike, no need for emotional stuff.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
We now live in an emo world. Can't tell someone something which may hurt their feelings, can't come in second place because losing doesn't happen, participation awards for not doing anything.....we are doomed as a society.

Valvoline

Reaction score
still missing the most desired one of all.... 'Meh'

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or the thumbs down
That's the dislike I mentioned and was talked about adding months ago by Facebook layout designers.
I guess "like for pro or comment for against" for those annoying shares won out.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
It appeared on my phone app last night. You just hold down the like button and the menu appears. Not the greatest system but it's an improvement over the like or nothing format before I guess.