1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

facebook + exchange join contacts + security policy

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by skatastic, Apr 8, 2011.

1. skatastic

skatastic New Member

I'm running CM7.0.0-RC3 with the 2.6.37.4-cm kernel.

Whenever I reboot my phone the facebook sync settings get turned off. I can turn it on easy enough except that all my exchange to facebook joins go away. I know I can make the names exactly as they are in facebook but I have some friends on facebook that don't have their real name. I don't want to change my exchange info for them to have a fake name. Is there any way I can put something in the notes or nickname field on the exchange listing for them that will cause the facebook info automatically join. Before I put CM7 on my phone I had HTC sense facebook and it seemed to have put something in the exchange server's notes of people that had facebook (I assume if I still had HTC sense that those notes would cause those contacts to join with their corresponding facebook account)

For that matter, does anyone know how to get facebook to not lose that setting at reboot so I don't have to worry about it at all?