Facebook Error

gree.TVXQnakk.

Reaction score
Anybody having problems with the facebook app saying (An error had occured while fetching data.) [4/Application request limit reached]. What could be the problem??

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Anybody having problems with the facebook app saying (An error had occured while fetching data.) [4/Application request limit reached]. What could be the problem??

No one is sure...Use m.facebook.com with your browser.......

mikespe

Reaction score

No one is sure...Use m.facebook.com with your browser.......

Other option is touch.facebook.com. I like this a little better than the m.facebook.com...but both will get you there.

I was hoping I wasn't the only one having this error!

frankieg22x

Reaction score
i get this error with the m.facebook site. The touch site seems to be working fine.

Magdroid

Reaction score
Facebook sets a limit on how many people can access information from their site using certain 3rd party Alps. Apparently Facebook for Android has reached its limit for today. The good news is, apparently Android is getting bigger than even Facebook thought.

DroidBourne

Reaction score
Yeah I have been having this same problem. I know four other people (1 Droid owner,1 Eris owners and 1 G1 owner) who are getting the same problem. Using the browser is fine though so it must be the app. Not sure whats wrong but its been like this for about 2 hours now.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
speaking of facebook errors, is anyone getting this one with m.facebook.com

"this page contains the following errors;
error on line 4 at column 3797: unescaped '<' not allowed in attributes value
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error."

it only shows about a quarter of the page.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Facebook sets a limit on how many people can access information from their site using certain 3rd party Alps

Have a source for that?

DroidBourne

Reaction score
There's no way the limit was reached today and no other day. This is bogus but I'll just deal with it. This is my second Droid and now the apps are getting on my nerves. :mad:

Conbo

Reaction score
I have been getting the same message. I called tech support (verizon) because I couldnt find the error message anywhere with a search on the computer and I was told it was "possibly" a facebook error and I should just basically wait on it till Facebook fixes it. Is there any documentation that it was caused by too many people using the app today?

robot weasel

Reaction score
1. Ok, basic logic: the way that a limit might be reached today and not on another day is- today is the First day. (The day upon which by definition a thing would have occurred without having occurred on any previous day)

2. I don't believe the limit hypothesis either, I have seen no supporting evidence. Glitch? Meh, we'll see.

jennikatz

Reaction score
I just got this same error tonight. I'm really quite peeved about it. So, no one's got a solution or concrete reason? I'm just wondering... I guess I'll wait until tomorrow and see if I can get back on FB... :sad::sad::sad:

Hylander

Reaction score
Yep - having the same problem for the last hour or two. It's worked fine since I got my Droid about a week ago - this is the first hiccup I've experienced so far. I suspect it's a Facebook issue.