facebook emails

mpunt

Reaction score
I'm going to do my best to explain this. As of yesterday I would receive an email that told me I had a message on facebook. There was a link in the email that brought me directly to the message on fb. Today, when I click the link, it opens a browser and the page does not load. I have reset the forms, the cache and whatever else I can think of. To get the message I have to manually go to the facebook mobile site and click the inbox. I haven't changed anything else on the phone since yesterday. Is anyone else having this problem or is this a setting issue on the phone that got messed up?
Thanks in advance.

edit: the links work fine from gmail.com to facebook on my computer.

Last edited:
OP
M

mpunt

Reaction score
Anyone???

I've noticed other people having the same issue on other sites but no one seems to know why.

droider4life

Reaction score
IMO... I think its most likely a problem with FB mine has been doing the same thing for a while now one day it works one day it doesnt without any changes on my end...

dougar

Reaction score
Android FB app doesn't have access to the Inbox

I don't understand why (the iPhone FB app is so superior, but then there are some apps that are superior on the Droid - all the Google apps of course) - so the Android browser is sued to navigate to the FB Inbox.

cjv1982

Reaction score
im getting the samething...... driving me crazy

Wannabe

Reaction score
My entire experience with the Android FB app has been awful.

Yanger

Reaction score
Same problem here. Get email notification, hit link page will not load - it sucks.

OP
M

mpunt

Reaction score
The link in the facebook emails is working now. The emails are coming hours after the messages hit facebook and the facebook app isn't sending me notifications today. Seems like one thing is fixed but they broke two others.

jbsangel

Reaction score
as of yesterday i was still having the same problem. i don't use the fb app. my notification emails that have the link to the page, be it a message or a comment or whatever, just loads a blank page in the browser. people over at androidforums are describing the same. i too think it is a fb site problem. annoying as all out though.

OP
M

mpunt

Reaction score
I didn't do anything different. The emails to my gmail account with a facebook.com link now go directly to a m.facebook.com page and they actually load instead of the blank page. Try clearing your cache and see if that helps. I just hope it lasts. It would be a lot nicer to actually get facebook app notifications regularly (supposed to be 30 minutes but most times I never even get them), but I'll take this.