1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Facebook Crashes when trying to add status, add picture, checkin etc.

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by audiored, Dec 19, 2011.

1. audiored

audiored New Member

I've posted this on several other forums and basically been told who cares about this problem because you shouldn't be using facebook anyway.

I would like to use Facebook. It is a primary way I use to keep in contact with friends. There is no easy replacement. There is viable alternative. I can't convince everyone on my Facebook to try out some other service.

At the moment and for the last 2 months, through several updates and versions, the android Facebook app crashes why I try to add a status, add a picture, checkin. Basically all I can use the app for is the view messages, view newsfeed. I can reply or post comments or post a status. All that causes the app to crash.

It has also been pointed out to me that I can add a status through the website. But I can't easily add a picture or checkin. It is kind of a pain in the ass the use the full Facebook website on the phone in general.

Is anyone else even have this same problem? I can't even seem to get that out of anyone. Is this a problem unique to my phone? I've found a lot of crashing threads, but they all date to before about May it seems and most say that problem is fixed.

So is this a known, common problem? Is there a fix? Is there a way to go back to an old version of the app that worked?

I have app version 1.8.1 and firmware 2.3.6.. Should go without saying that I am using a Samsung Droid Charge.
  2. Boriquaman

Boriquaman New Member

Same issue here bud.

Both the wife and I got the same phone, yet my facebook app crashes the same way you listed above. My wife's phone has no isses.. and the only difference between our phones is mine is black and her;s is white.

your not alone in this.. I've deleted, reinstalled, rooted, etc.. and i found no solution... tired of sending crash reports to facebook and no answer of update..
  3. lowvolt

lowvolt New Member

Try going to settings - applications - manage applications - all - go to the facebook app and clear cache. I have a DROID x And not having the issue you have but there has to be a solution. Try above fix.

From my rooted, bricked, sbf'd, rooted again and flashed DROIDX
  4. djmt99

djmt99 New Member

Yup, me too. Funny part is, I had the problem before. It resolved itself. I reflashed Liberty 3 and am now having the issue. Cleared data, cache, reinstalled, everything.
  5. Boriquaman

Boriquaman New Member

It resolved itself a few days ago but came back. Now its just a reader for me at the moment until the next update Facebook makes.

I had cleared cache and no success...
  6. junebugapril

junebugapril New Member

Uninstall Facebook, and reinstall it.
  7. cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05 New Member

I've been using the app Friendcaster. Better IMO but downside is that I can't send messages to my friends, gets an error message.
    Overall I think its better than the stock fb app
    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  8. junebugapril

junebugapril New Member

Facebook Messenger is amazing. Have you downloaded it? Love it for messaging!!!
  9. Boriquaman

Boriquaman New Member

I did, still the same problem.
  10. jbartow33

jbartow33 New Member

I have the same problem on my sprint galaxy nexus with Facebook,cannot update status or add pictues , check in. Basically only thing its good for is commenting and reading others posts, went into sprint today and they had no answers for me. I'm thinking its not fully compatible with ICS
Search tags for this page
android facebook app crashes when adding add a picture
facebook android crash when posting
facebook android crashes status update
facebook android crashes when posting

facebook app crashes when updating status

facebook app freezes samsung charge android 2013
facebook application crash samsung s
facebook check in crash
facebook closes on phone
facebook crashes on samsung
facebook hang on android