Facebook & Contacts

GarciaFan

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. If I setup FB in blur or whatever it is called these days I get all of my fb contacts showing up in my contact list. On my OG droid I had the option to only synch with existing contacts. What am I missing here? One other question. Is there a way to make a certain contact group the default when opening up contacts?

bt1962

Reaction score
Contacts/Menu/Display Options...there you can choose which groups you want to see and to what level on some.

OP
G

GarciaFan

Reaction score
+ 1 internets to you sir!
Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Boostedawd91

Reaction score
I have kinda the same issue. In my contact list, there is only a select few of my contacts that are synced with facebook. I dont know why it only shows a few of the facebook accounts, like 4 out of 40 shows.

pgmorris

Reaction score
I tried to delete the FB contacts, since I do not call them. It said I couldn't "delete" them, but they would be "hidden". Now, all of their profile pictures do not show up when I go to FB from my phone. How do I "UNHIDE" them, and manage the contact list?

fizband

Reaction score
after a factory reset , my phone can no longer sync with facebook and all contact from facebook is no longer there too. The gallery app not showing any online friends too, but social networking still show my friends post but its not displaying their profile picture. it seems only the contact app and gallery apps are the one that are not syncing with facebook since the facebook update.

Dsiiiviper4

Reaction score
after a factory reset , my phone can no longer sync with facebook and all contact from facebook is no longer there too. The gallery app not showing any online friends too, but social networking still show my friends post but its not displaying their profile picture. it seems only the contact app and gallery apps are the one that are not syncing with facebook since the facebook update.

+1 I did this now it is not letting me, even though i have a droid x it still is not letting me

JayMonster

Reaction score
Remove (Deauthorize) the Droid App in Facebook (via the website).

The next time you phone tries to connect, you will get an error and ask you to re-enter your password (do not just hit OK, you must retype the password for it to take the "change" and rerun the authorization.

Had this same problem right after my Droid X went to Gingerbread. Once reauthorized, everything worked again.

Dsiiiviper4

Reaction score
Remove (Deauthorize) the Droid App in Facebook (via the website).

The next time you phone tries to connect, you will get an error and ask you to re-enter your password (do not just hit OK, you must retype the password for it to take the "change" and rerun the authorization.

Had this same problem right after my Droid X went to Gingerbread. Once reauthorized, everything worked again.

how do you de authorize from facebook?

harajyuks

Reaction score
Account settings in Facebook -website- under mobile devices, remove your devices from the authorized list

fizband

Reaction score
Account settings in Facebook -website- under mobile devices, remove your devices from the authorized list Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
sorry not trying to but in but not that only removes the device, the droid app would remain and would still have to be remove, this procedure didn't work for me to, hope it works for you. cuase the only fix that motorola can offer right now is to have your phone repaired 10 regular days (2weeks) without a phone

Dsiiiviper4

Reaction score
Account settings in Facebook -website- under mobile devices, remove your devices from the authorized list

Yea this didn't work for me either. And there has to be a way we can fix the phone rather than sending it out. Anything they can do we can do better. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JayMonster

Reaction score

No, wrong one.

Go to your account Settings(as stated above)

But instead choose "Apps" (on the left hand column)

You should have a "Droid" app. Click the small X to the right of it to remove.

Then go back to your phone and reenter the password for Facebook in the Account Settings (just retype it again in space, even though it is already correct). This will reauthorize the app on your phone.

Dsiiiviper4

Reaction score
I've done this, rebooted, deleted the app, swords the account, went on Facebook, waited a couple of says to see if it would sync, but nothing is working....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mdslngr

Reaction score
I am also having problems, I've tried everything suggested and still no contact sync :mad: