Facebook Confesses to Anti-Google Smear Campaign

GohanBurner

Reaction score
I am very reluctant to keep an account with Facebook after reading this. I'm so pissed. Google is the best company that has ever been created. It has opened doors I never thought were possible! Their software engineers are just ridiculous. I never thought that my favorite search engine in high school would blossom into all of this greatness that surrounds me today.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Facebook and Google should be cooperating, not competing.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

preusstang

Reaction score
Very disappointing. I saw this in a bbc feed earlier. Think this has anything to do with google dropping built in syncing for fb accounts in GB and facebook not conforming to a standard to exchange the data?

removement

Reaction score
Both companies participate in pushing the boundaries on privacy. Both companies know and collect more information from and about you then you could imagine.

Just be aware of this and don't put anything online you would not want the world to see or read (forever) and lets move on.

The world as of right now is not going to stop using either of these services so this whole thing is a non-issue.

Happy Friday (the 13th) =)

GryphonD

Reaction score
Except Facebook never asks permission for anything, you have to opt out to get out of it, and Google asks your permission before doing anything...

Ironic, eh?

And pile that atop the recent court case against FB for "giving away user base private information" to a myriad of other companies . In essence, loop-holing the issue of selling user contact and private info but simply giving it away.

silverfang77

Reaction score
The ones who lose when corporations squabble are always the consumers.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk