facebook cache

metsnfins

Reaction score
facebook is taking up 60mb of my internal memory 60 mb? my phone is basically unusable this happened as i was uploading pictures if i go to manage applications, i can delete all data - but that would delete all of the syncing on my phone? It's probably what i will do and then resync it and hope it fixes the problem clear cache is grayed out any other ideas?

Reaction score
Had same problem. Uninstalled and use gmail for contact numbers and pictures now and use the facebook mobile site instead.

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

OP
metsnfins

metsnfins

Reaction score
wait now it seems to have fixed itself i dont get it

Reaction score
It shouldn't take of 64mb of anything. Period. But I hope you're not confusing memory with storage. Storage, even 64mb wouldn't effect your phone or roms performance. Memory on the other hand, 64mb is well over a fourth of the memory we have and that doesn't include what the os needs.

I did some tests for you. Reinstalled the app and ran it, it doesn't show up at all in running tasks for me, ever. Even if its the last screen I was on. I don't know if that's a glitch of my rom or from facebook itself, because when I open the app back up its in the same place I left it. Data/cache on the other hand take 6mb. Here's a screenshot.

4c72661b-162e-06cb.jpg

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

OP
metsnfins

metsnfins

Reaction score
mine showed as 60mb data it was insane and i had the low memory icon and it wouldnt let me upload any pics to facebook i clicked "clear data" rebooted then relinked it my my contacts rebooted and it now shows 580 kb of data so yes, it's some sort of glitch from uploading photos i googles and it has happened to others but it seems okay at the moment - i guess as lomng as i dont upload pics to facebook

OP
metsnfins

metsnfins

Reaction score
but clear cache is grayed out on mine and i see it's not on yours weird

OP
metsnfins

metsnfins

Reaction score
it did it again. i uploaded more pics, showed 40 mb of data and had to clear data and resync to fix it lame

Reaction score
That's odd, I wonder if its storing duplicates of photos. If storage space becomes a problem keep dumping out data and cache if you can or go with the mobile site

Reaction score
My cache is less than a MB, its annoying yours is greyed out but it isn't a storage problem. Do you have facebook stored on your phone or sd card