Facebook application problems

larry.gann

Reaction score
Good day all. I am searched through the forum and cannot find a fix to my problem. I just got my phone, set it all up. I started using the social networking application and then I found out about the facebook app for Droid, so I went to the market and got that. It let me in once, but there was a little pop up error at the bottom of the screen that said something about user not authorized or device not authorized and it kicked me out. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I've reset my phone to factory, but I still get the facebook authentication failed. Is there anyone out there that has experienced the same problems? I did add my new gmail to my fb acct and changed the password, would that have any effect on how the app works? My wife has the exact same phone model and her app works fine, I am so frustrated!!

OP
L

larry.gann

Reaction score
Ok, it will let me login through the m.facebook.com website through the browser, so I know my user/password is correct, but the app still is not working for me..any help?

DocsDad

Reaction score
Strange.... any updates for the FB market app available? This is the official FB app correct? I know I know...simple questions, but you are right this doesn't make sense.

I will say that the FB app is finicky sometimes and a bookmark for the mobile site on the homescreen might be a decent work-around.

Any other ideas out there?

OP
L

larry.gann

Reaction score
that's exactly what I've been doing, just using the mobile version of the website in the browser...I am seriously about to deactivate my FB acct and then recreate it LOL...but I think I remember seeing somewhere that if you change your emai/password on the FB site, that you may have to wait a while for the app to work...so I am gonna wait a little bit and just keep trying...I checked all my setttings on my FB acct and made sure they were the same as my wife's and they are...so I have no idea what else the problem could be, thanks for the reply though. I have uninstalled and re-installed the market FB app several times and I even reset my phone to factory defaults...still a no-go. It has got to be something with my FB acct because I even tried logging into my wife's FB acct from the app on my phone and it worked...weird.

cece5702

Reaction score
The wonderful world of Facebook!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX