Facebook App

Silverwing

Reaction score
The Facebook App that comes with 2.0.1 (on the mDroid) has a function to take a picture and directly upload it right away. Every time I do this and look at the picture from a desktop the image is super small. Is there a setting, that I am somehow unable to find, which would allow me to make the image full sized?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
The settings in the camera itself? I assume that you've looked at that?

OP
S

Silverwing

Reaction score
Yes, they are set to the highest setting, in every regard.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I confirmed this on mine too. However, if you initiate the picture upload from the camera instead of the app which I think is actually one less step, it goes in full size (full size for FB).

OP
S

Silverwing

Reaction score
Interesting, I confirmed this on mine too. However, if you initiate the picture upload from the camera instead of the app which I think is actually one less step, it goes in full size (full size for FB).

Thanks, that is a pretty good workaround for now. :):)

silverx10

Reaction score
Just bumping this as it's a pretty odd li'l issue, to be sure. It stands to reason that it'd work fine by uploading a photo you took beforehand, but the fact that it has issues with photos on the spot is just... weird.

someone

Reaction score
I really wish they would update the FB application. The notifications in it still don't work for me.

Batfan.com

Reaction score
Just bumping this as it's a pretty odd li'l issue, to be sure. It stands to reason that it'd work fine by uploading a photo you took beforehand, but the fact that it has issues with photos on the spot is just... weird.

Yeah, this has been discussed a few times. One of the many issues with the default Facebook app. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future update.

causse

Reaction score
new to the droid.. but had the storm. the facebook app on the strom was nice.. am i just not getting it. i changed my email on fb to the gmail account.. but the phone doesnt handle the notifications like the storm.. i just get an email. nothing happens with the app.. i liked that when i got a fb notification on the storm, it would show the fb logo and a red splater.. i use the mms app to show unread texts.. is there any good apps for facebook on the droid to act more like the app on my storm? thanks..:mad:

someone

Reaction score
new to the droid.. but had the storm. the facebook app on the strom was nice.. am i just not getting it. i changed my email on fb to the gmail account.. but the phone doesnt handle the notifications like the storm.. i just get an email. nothing happens with the app.. i liked that when i got a fb notification on the storm, it would show the fb logo and a red splater.. i use the mms app to show unread texts.. is there any good apps for facebook on the droid to act more like the app on my storm? thanks..:mad:

I have heard different solutions with notifications and none of them worked for me. The only notification I get from facebook is for "pokes".. nothing about wall posts or comments. Sucks!

mjw51

Reaction score
facebook

everytime i try to acess facebook through the app i get error messages shd i try and reload the app from the app store by 1st trashing the phone thats already on the phone ??

Marksnet

Reaction score
Facebook App not good

Yep the facebook app compared to my blackberry is way behind the times.. no updates, no notifications to speak of........Needs a big fat update!

kudz

Reaction score
I hunted all over this site for something about this but can't find anything and I hope someone can help me out... I (obviously) have the standard Facebook app on my Droid but i also have a second (same looking but slightly larger) Facebook icon in my app drawer which is a browser shortcut to m.facebook.com. This hasn't always been on my phone and I can't figure out how to get rid of the friggin thing. There is only one Facebook entry in my Application Management list (v.1.1.3, the app itself). Any suggestions would be very helpful.