Facebook app that came on Droid=The best?

poppa

Reaction score
I also used a blackberry storm.

And, imo, The droid FB app (nor the web browser) could hold the storms jock when it comes to FB.

The BB storm FB app was much greater.

I just hope someone makes a app that is like the one you get on a blackberry. (You know, that actually updates quickly, allows you to access private messages just as if they were SMS texts, etc.)

The facebook thing is the worst part about the droid from my experience.

However, the droid > BB in every other way.

Gig103

Reaction score
Finally got my Droid last night and it's great so far. Except the FB app is weak in comparison to Blackberry.

The nice thing is the widget, but I got so used to the Blackberry "intercepting" my notifications, so I didn't see them in my e-mail inbox, just the little "F" icon next to messages. Now I'm getting e-mail notifications, getting excited only for them to be facebook. Blech.

Oh well, hopefully an update is in the works.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
m.facebook.com via browser of your choice is the best way to access IMHO

griz8791

Reaction score
After reading this thread, I downloaded and installed Bloo (for probably the third time).

To me Bloo's best feature is the way it threads your private Facebook messages (i.e., the inbox messages). But you can't compose a new private Facebook message with Bloo and they tell you that up front.

I like the implementation of photos better in the built-in Facebook app and touch.facebook.com. Both of these either superimpose the caption or put it in any available black space outside the photo. With Bloo you have to touch a button to get the caption and when you do it comes up in a separate window. Admittedly this is a small point and I may be the only person on the face of the earth who likes how it is in the built in app and touch.facebook.com.

Now if they could bring Bloo's message threading over to the built-in app and also let you compose new messages (because that's an "official" Facebook app), we would really have something. It's frustrating that none of the available options really provides everything we want.