Facebook app that came on Droid=The best?

bwhite757

Reaction score
I use bloo. Works well, has a lot more features tyne the native android app. I'll look into blabber though.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
i go to lite.facebook.com and use email notifications for comments etc to my gmail account and it works great.

ska550

Reaction score
Facebook lite

i go to lite.facebook.com and use email notifications for comments etc to my gmail account and it works great.

I just tried lite.facebook.com and it seems to work well with the droid (although going through photos is better on the touch site). Thanks for the tip!

foolie

Reaction score
Coming from a BB, i found the stock facebook app on the droid to be mindblowing haha, so i've no complaints.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Coming from a BB, i found the stock facebook app on the droid to be mindblowing haha, so i've no complaints.

I disagree. I think that the BB facebook app was better. That is the only thing I think was better about BB...

NVash

Reaction score
You know, I just went back and messed with my iTouch. I think that has the best Facebook app yet, truthfully.

angelman

Reaction score
I don't know if others agree but I feel that the need for apps for web sites such as facebook is much diminished on a phone like the droid. The screen is such high resolution and the browser so good (including dolphin) that I have no problem and in fact prefer viewing all web pages through their native website rather than using a special phone version.
I use the full web page for igoogle, likewise amazon, facebook, flickr etc. etc. Even the need for zooming in and out (like pinch zoom) is not as important as on other phones even the iphone with it's lower res screen. I have dolphin browser and it's great however I rarely need the pinch zoom feature since I can read fairly well most websites at normal size. On the iphone I remember I always had to keep zooming in and out and scrolling around.

You know, I just went back and messed with my iTouch. I think that has the best Facebook app yet, truthfully.

davidalolo

Reaction score
The droid app sucks. I couldn't even check my messages with it. I like the one on my ipod, so until something comparable to that comes out, I'll stick with the web version.
I do to they need to get on it quick. make it like the ipod one or dont at all.

Gadgetguitar

Reaction score
Droid App ok But did like the BB app

The Droid app is ok. What bugs me is the notification updates. When a FB notification come-in on the BB, it come into the message center. You could click on it and the notification was opened in the BB app. On the droid, my notifications are opening on the browser FB mobile. If I have an app for something it would be nice if you could do it all through the app.

struong57

Reaction score
The Droid app is ok. What bugs me is the notification updates. When a FB notification come-in on the BB, it come into the message center. You could click on it and the notification was opened in the BB app. On the droid, my notifications are opening on the browser FB mobile. If I have an app for something it would be nice if you could do it all through the app.

I completely agree with you GadgetGuitar.

zegolf

Reaction score
I don't know if others agree but I feel that the need for apps for web sites such as facebook is much diminished on a phone like the droid. The screen is such high resolution and the browser so good (including dolphin) that I have no problem and in fact prefer viewing all web pages through their native website rather than using a special phone version.
I use the full web page for igoogle, likewise amazon, facebook, flickr etc. etc. Even the need for zooming in and out (like pinch zoom) is not as important as on other phones even the iphone with it's lower res screen. I have dolphin browser and it's great however I rarely need the pinch zoom feature since I can read fairly well most websites at normal size. On the iphone I remember I always had to keep zooming in and out and scrolling around.

I agree. For a lot of sites, a native app isn't really needed, and the mobile site is just as good, if not better. Native apps for mobile websites (especially things like site launchers) tend to get on my last OCD nerve. They clutter up the home page!

n0cturne74

Reaction score
I thought the native Facebook app was pretty good until I started using touch.facebook.com. It is much faster and more user friendly.

Rudy

Reaction score
I agree. For a lot of sites, a native app isn't really needed, and the mobile site is just as good, if not better. Native apps for mobile websites (especially things like site launchers) tend to get on my last OCD nerve. They clutter up the home page!

I can only conclude from this that you haven't used a program like on the iphone or the latest release for blackberry. If you really are OCD adn hate clutter, then you would love how much it simplifies the website and notification process. The web app is good, in that it doesn't have any bugs from initial launch, but the on-phone standalone apps are designed specifically for your model phone, and therefore better in every way.

This is an early release, and is going to be buggy. They left things out, i assume because they couldn't release them correctly. But one look at the status updates screen should show you why the app is better/cleaner. The web might be better for now, but it wont be in the long run, don't give up on it.

zegolf

Reaction score

I can only conclude from this that you haven't used a program like on the iphone or the latest release for blackberry. If you really are OCD adn hate clutter, then you would love how much it simplifies the website and notification process. The web app is good, in that it doesn't have any bugs from initial launch, but the on-phone standalone apps are designed specifically for your model phone, and therefore better in every way.

This is an early release, and is going to be buggy. They left things out, i assume because they couldn't release them correctly. But one look at the status updates screen should show you why the app is better/cleaner. The web might be better for now, but it wont be in the long run, don't give up on it.

I was a Storm user from launch, and have an iPod touch. The iPhone/iPod facebook is extremely nice, but I don't consider the i* devices to have a "Home" screen, rather it's just a bunch of pages linked together full of a mish-mash of apps. Those apps can be arranged how you like (feeding my need to have order). I had the facebook app for the Storm as well, and found that it was a step in the right direction, but for what I needed out of a "mobile" facebook, it was a lot of minutia.

I actually feel as though the Android facebook back is 100% usable and is very similar to the blackberry version. I was merely stating that I don't think a "true" facebook experience will ever be captured on a handheld device, and therefore the mobile website was plenty-enough to satisfy my facebook needs.

That being said, I do still have the facebook app, and with widget integration, it is a great step forward and has the potential to change my mind.