Facebook App on Droid and Notifications

Tigers

Reaction score
I just went from a BB Curve to a Droid X. On the Curve, I had the facebook application and I was able to tell it to notify me through the facebook application when new messages, comments, etc. happened on facebook. The light in my curve would flash and there would be a little icon that showed the number of notifications. I chose NOT to also have an email sent to my email account on the Curve.

Now, with the Droid X, I am getting an email notification AND notifications through the facebook app. I would rather just get notifications through facebook so that I don't have duplication in both apps. I don't see an option to turn off the email notifications but leave on the facebook notifications. Do you know how to do this?? Thanks!!!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Change your notification settings on the full site - either on a computer or the phone's browser

Chaz Weber

Reaction score
There are notification options in various places. For the Facebook Application you open the application, if it opens on the news feed use the backup key to get to the main Facebook menu. Then click on the Droid X MENU button (bottom left), and you will be able to select settings with notification options.

Notifications for social networking, text, e-mail are also controlled in a similar manner from the Messaging icon on one of the home screens(looks like a mailbox). Open messaging, click on the Droid X MENU button, go to messaging settings, and you can set notifications for each type of messaging that way also. Hope this helps.................

OP
T

Tigers

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I tried going to the facebook.com site and changing my notifications by deselecting "email". But, then NO notifications come through on my droid so I don't get a notification through the facebook app on the droid either.

I tried to look around in the messaging options and I couldn't find any option that says to not send emails for facebook notifications.

If you have a full path or screen path as to where to change the setting, I would really appreciate it!!! Thanks!!!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The FB application for Android doesn't send notifications unless you receive a new PM or invite. I know, the option is there for notification of other events, but they don't work.

Taegost

Reaction score
I'm surprised you get notifications at all... If I'm lucky, I'll get a notification once or twice a week, and that's it... The touch site isn't much better... Ever since they changed the notifications around on the full site, none of the mobile apps I've tried show notifications with any regularity :(

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
my email is my notification. I've never had the BB and never got use to it. My account is a gmail account I only use for fb and I have it set up on my droid. Makes a "FB sound" when it comes in so I know what it is.