facebook app not working?

phazelag

Reaction score
Hello Droid X Friends-

As I mentioned earlier, through testing with my fiance's phone and her account, I believed the problem had to do with the Facebook account itself, not the phone and not the application on the phone. I was correct!

If you're like me, you disabled every possible thing in the privacy settings of your Facebook account. As it turns out, this prevents Facebook from sharing information with 3rd party apps, and as a result, you get the "Internal Sever Error" when you try to fix it. The solution takes about 30 seconds and is extremely simple.

On Facebook:
Go to Account->Privacy

Under Applications and Websites click 'Edit your settings'

Click 'Turn on' all platform applications

I don't know the wider security implication of opening the privacy settings up on your account...seems a lot like opening up your fly to the world. But it fixed the problem I was having with Facebook immediately. I hope this post saves some new Droid X users dozens of hours of troubleshooting!

This is definitely helpful but not complete. You have to turn on applications for them to work. But if there are apps you dont want running you can just delete them from the application settings section.

I had one conflict with Facebook for Blackberry. Once I deleted that one it worked fine.

mlbreed

Reaction score
internal server error signing on to facebook app in droid x

I tried the above fix of putting in the wrong password...letting it fail out. Then I put in the correct password and Voila...it worked! Stupid fix....but a fix no less...

daboostr

Reaction score
Droid X facebook Fix

If any of the above fixes don't work for you, try this; use your mobile number when signing into facebook. It prompts you for an email address, but you can enter your phone number without dashes or parentheses. I had used my cell phone to register for a facebook account awhile back. I hope this helps anyone who has been frustrated like me.