Facebook app not allowing to view friends' wall

jay80z

Reaction score
When opening the facebook app, you get a screen with 6 options: news feed, friends, photos, take photo, profile, and notifications.

Whenever I click on the friends option, it brings up a list of all my friends. If I press on a friend however, it takes me directly to their info page, bypassing their wall completely. From their info page, no way to post on their wall, see their photos, etc without going to the facebook website.

Before this malfunction, if I clicked on a particular friend, it would give me 3 menu bars up top: a)wall b)info c)photos.
Now, it only goes to a full screen view of the friend's info.

I tried to remove my fb account and readding it, removing fb account and battery pull.

Now I'm out of ideas and thinking about turning it in for another working phone.

Anyone have a fix for this?

additional info:

after i click on a friend from the friend list, i see the message "Loading Content..." then the message "No content" then it jumps to the info page of the friend i just clicked.

HA, now when I click on 'my profile', it takes me to my information page just the same as the others. thanks, i will click on my profile whenever i forget my email address and birthday. fubar

Last edited:

wolf1306

Reaction score
download bloo from the market , its a bit better facebook application, also babbler is but its still having problems with 2.0
also if u want facebook chat get ebuddy, its the best app for all chats and it stays connected

cuzzinz

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue. I am not getting the 3 tabs on my profiles pages either...

And I mean exactly the same down to the no content issue and the profile page doing the same.

Last edited:
OP
J

jay80z

Reaction score
It works fine, you need to click on the profile pic to take you to their wall, same for yours...

it is not working the same way it was when i first got the phone.

so no, it does not work fine.

808droid

Reaction score
oh ok, I thought you meant it wasn't working at all, yeah it did change a little, could be facebook, they always changing things.

heem

Reaction score
I havent been too happy with the facebook app either - but what does work pretty well is just using the browser. Navigate to touch.facebook.com - i simpy made a bookmark of it and put it right next to the facebook app.

rp683

Reaction score
Mee too, started last night. When I click on FRIENDS it skips over their wall for a second.. says "loading content, no content" and immediately goes to their "user info"

darthkarl

Reaction score
This is definitely a problem on Facebook's end, not ours. I can't see my wall on either my iPod Touch's facebook app nor on my Droid's app.

vanwas

Reaction score
From reading the market comments, it appears Bloo may have the same issues with a fix coming Sunday.

Hoping a fix comes sooner or later. I sort of miss the BlackBerry style app.

cgarnes

Reaction score
This is definitely a problem on Facebook's end, not ours. I can't see my wall on either my iPod Touch's facebook app nor on my Droid's app.
It's a Facebook issue. I'm mad at my Droid today, and I'm on my iTouch. I'm having the same problem as the user of the original post.

D

DroidMastar

Yeah it's not a droid issue... Use the browser page if you want to see friend walls...

Reaction score
I have had the same problem and it is very anoying. You are not able to view your friends profile from the intigrated app, but if you really need to view it you can navigate your web browser to "Http://touch.facebook.com" or "Http://m.facebook.com".

OP
J

jay80z

Reaction score
i'm hoping someone address this issue. seems like it is more widespread than i thought.